ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: BusyBuster -- program to redial busy phone #s using your modem

(1/3) > >>

LuckMan212:
Hi I've searched for something like this and come up more or less empty... I am looking for a small app that can just redial busy phone numbers using an attached modem.  My phone doesn't have this feature built in so it would be very helpful.  There are a few complete bloatwares out there, usually $49-59 shareware circa 1997 type apps that have an incredible feature list but are way too complicated for my simple task.  I tried a few of them and they either crashed or I just couldnt figure out how to make them do this...

All I want is a very simple (hah..easy for me to say) app that looks something like this:

I think a picture pretty much speaks 1000 words here.. you get the idea.  When you push the "start dialing" button, it should change to "stop dialing" and if the program detects the "RING" string coming back from the modem, then it will do whatever is checked off in the "when line is no longer busy" section.  Options should be stored in an .ini file so they are preserved between launches.

Is this very difficult to code?  I would imagine that perhaps easier than selecting manual COM port and having to write basic I/O routines from scratch it might be easier to use Microsofts TAPI interface in which case the COM port selector would be replaced by the "modem name" of whatever devices were installed... such as "motorola 56k v.90 ext" or whatever.

Is this too "big" for a snack?  :-[

LuckMan212:
nobody else needs something like this? :huh:

mouser:
this has to exist doesnt it?
it should not be hard to make at all.

LuckMan212:
you would think that it exists but I searched for hours and came up completely empty... if anyone knows of one, pls let me know... otherwise if anyone thinks they can code this as a snack, that would be awesome  :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
Hey Luckman, this is kind of off-topic, but I was wondering if you could help me.  My telephone service is a VOIP (Voicepulse) and I was wondering if there was some way that I could use the addressbook software on my computer to use the modem to dial a number, and then I use the regular phone to do the talking.  Is this possible?  This way, instead of keeping numbers stored on the phone, I can just go straight from the addressbook on the computer.  I have tried it, but I can't dial or anything.  I don't even know if my modem is set up properly.  I haven't used a dial-up modem since the 90's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version