ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

IDEA: Convert a set of related web pages into a Windows Help file

<< < (2/2)

belkira:
Have you looked at KEL CHM Creator?

IainB:
Many thanks for your helpful suggestions folks - yet another example of what a helpful forum this is.      :)

@cmpm: lizzer.com - Wow! What a powerful and nifty blogging tool! - but yes, not quite the same thing as an alternative to WebTwin.

@MilesAhead: Well, though Treepad is no simple alternative to WebTwin, it looks like a rather powerful PIM. I might look at that anyway, as I am always interested in PIMs and have been a long-standing PIM user - e.g., Info Select, which I just saw records the fact that I first registered the Info Select product in Sept. 1998! (Info Select meets my information pack rat needs.)

@belkira: I reviewed KEL CHM Creator - which looks like it will enable me to do the job, I think. It's not all that easy/simple to use, but it does look pretty useful. I think that's the closest I will probably find to WebTwin.

If anyone is interested, here's a sample of a help document as output from WebTwin - Instructions for making a home-built dynamo.HLP - and it is dowloadable from here: http://www.box.net/shared/95fe4qdhcd
(I can also make a copy of  WebTwin available if anyone is interested for historical reasons. It's obsolete really - not very effective when used with some of the current website technology. I keep a copy anyway, as I am also a software pack rat.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version