ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How Do I Stop This Screen

(1/3) > >>

moranacus:
It didn't start happening until I turned on my computer today but I need to know how to get
rid on the LOGON to WINDOWS screen that's starting to popup when I turn on the computer.
I don't have a password just my name and when I click on OK Windows XP Home with Service pack 2
finishes loading. This is annoying and I think this happened because the Print Master program I
installed last night also installed MicroSoft Net Framework.

lanux128:
... I installed last night also installed MicroSoft Net Framework.-moranacus (June 23, 2009, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

was it version 1.1? the .NET framework adds a new user. more info here on removing it.

PhilB66:
Control Panel User Accounts --> Change the Way Users Log on / off

Or, type control userpasswords2 in the Run Box (Start button --> Run or Win + R key) and click Ok.
Untick "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and click Ok.

moranacus:
I have both 1.1 and 2.0 versions.
I did go to change the Way Users Log on / off to get rid of the Welcome screen but then I
get the Name/Password screen. I don't want either one.
Is there a reason why my Print Master program needs NET FRAMEWORK????

moranacus:
I tried doing control userpasswords2 but then when I restarted my computer it wouldn't finish
loading WINDOWS XP and just hung there. When I pushed the button on the computer to
reboot it the stupid LOG ON NAME/PASSWORD screen came up.
What would happen if I uninstall the .NET FRAMEWORK????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version