ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

easy saving text

(1/2) > >>

kalos:
hello

I come across various words and phrases on the net that I want to save them in a txt file

is there a way to do this with one click? highlight/select a word/phrase and hit a hotkey and to automatically save it in a predefined txt file (in one row and hitting "ENTER" after that, so that the words/phrases will be saved as lists)

thanks

MilesAhead:
You could use TreePad Lite automatic paste feature. Once done collecting clips you could then use AutoPaste to save the results to a file.  Currently AutoPaste doesn't append, so you would want to have the contents of the file in a TreePad article and let the TreePad automatic paste append text to the article.  Once done, select all the text in the article and use AutoPaste to write out the file. One approach anyway.  There may be a clipboard text saver that does exactly your task but I don't know of it myself.

You can get my AutoPaste here to see if it may be helpful:
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. It's the last download.

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

(or you could just use the TreePad Export article to text file.)

AndyM:
You could do this with AutoHotkey (append a linefeed and the selected text to a textfile)

sajman99:
kalos, I haven't yet tried this freeware myself, but it looks like it might be what you are seeking:
Quotepad at http://quotepad.info/
I also look forward to other recommendations.

rjbull:
Take a look at these two similar threads on DC:

Clipboard type programme to collect together snippets of text

Really simple clipboard extender/note taking software?

Looks like Mike Sanders' PasteBoard has vanished from the Net again.  I must have a copy available somewhere: let me know if you want to try it, and I'll either attach it to a post or e-mail it to you.

Another possibility you might like to try is Notesholder by A!K Research Labs.  Even the freeware Lite version now has basic clip ability.  Mark your text in your browswr, press the Notesholder hotkey, and you have an instant new note, complete with the URL too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version