ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to configure Website-Watcher for DC forums?

<< < (2/2)

cyberdiva:
I always end up asking Martin after reducing myself to a drooling idiot trying!
-J-Mac (June 24, 2009, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!   ;D

J-Mac:
I always end up asking Martin after reducing myself to a drooling idiot trying!
-J-Mac (June 24, 2009, 12:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!   ;D
-cyberdiva (June 24, 2009, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Grrr..  I have spent about three hours on my WSW bookmarks between yesterday and today. Watch filters for price checks at Amazon and Newegg. Very simple. Highlight the price alone - nothing else - and then a watch filter set as "contains changing numbers/dates". They all work great for a couple days, sometimes a week or two. Then - suddenly I get error messages saying that the whole content is blocked! If I delete the filter and then recreate it exactly, all is well again. Well, at least for a short time.

Grrr....

Jim

superboyac:
Grrr..  I have spent about three hours on my WSW bookmarks between yesterday and today. Watch filters for price checks at Amazon and Newegg. Very simple. Highlight the price alone - nothing else - and then a watch filter set as "contains changing numbers/dates". They all work great for a couple days, sometimes a week or two. Then - suddenly I get error messages saying that the whole content is blocked! If I delete the filter and then recreate it exactly, all is well again. Well, at least for a short time.

Grrr....

Jim
-J-Mac (June 24, 2009, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
I experienced this once also, with Newegg.  I never bothered looking for a solution, but I am curious about it.

sajman99:
I have a business associate who uses and likes the Firefox extension Update Scanner at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3362 although I myself haven't used Firefox over the last several releases. Update Scanner supposedly displays a popup notification when a monitored site changes. Just a possible (and hopefully not too inane) alternative to your Website Watcher woes, superboyac.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version