ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

In Search of A Shutdown/Reboot/Hibernate App

(1/4) > >>

howardparsons:
Hello All,
   I love one-stop shopping ;) and am looking for an app that I can use w/ a button on LaunchBar Commander. This app would either shut down Windows, Reboot the PC or Go into Hibernate mode depending on the parameters passed to the app.

I'm pretty sure that something like this exists out there "somewhere" but am hoping to find some user recommendations before I start hitting the search engines.

Howard Parsons

mouser:
this would actually now that i think about it be a PERFECT use for what i wrote about in this post: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18757.msg168456#msg168456

the Nircmd commandline tool can do this, and it would be perfect for someone to make a nircmd "pack" for LBC that added menu items for it.

if no one else does it by this weekend i will give it a try.

Target:
don't know how this fits with Launchbar Commander, but you could try this little AHK script

--- ---
#singleinstance
;install, close.ico,close.ico

menu, tray, nostandard

menu, actions, add, LogOff
menu, actions, add, ShutDown
menu, actions, add, Restart
menu, actions, add, Hibernate
menu, actions, add, Suspend
Menu, actions,  show
return

Escape::exitapp

LogOff:
shutdown, 0
return

Shutdown:
shutdown, 9
return

restart:
shutdown, 2
return

Suspend:
DllCall("PowrProf\SetSuspendState", "int", 0, "int", 1, "int", 0)
return

Hibernate:
DllCall("PowrProf\SetSuspendState", "int", 1, "int", 0, "int", 0)
return

running the script generates a popup menu - select the option and you're done. 

If you've run the script in error, escape exits the app

tested OK on an XP SP2 (?) workstation

oh yeah, you need AHK to run the script (but not the exe)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Keep in mind that anytime you are closing programs you have, as I understand, three different modes of closure, a polite request, a more forceful shakedown, and an absolute kill (which in my experience varies a lot, even the most compelling forced reboot sometimes hangs).

Dimitrios of DTaskmasker and DShutdown discusses these program-close modes some (conceivably you could walk up the ladder as well, starting politely).  Maybe there is a fourth option to simply turn off power rather than kill programs and in that case you run into the question of your OS config options as to whether you might get a restart possibility. Actually, take a look at the Karenware discussion.  Also keep in mind the possibility of auto-signon, Systinternals has an Auto-Logon utility as well as the shutdown utility PsShutdown.  Oh, keep in mind that others can be signed on on the puter with programs running.

If you are going to integrate with existing applications, Karenware's ShowStopper and DShutdown are two to consider. Also Quick Shutdown and Amp WinOff have command line options built-in, and Shutter gets good comments too.

Shalom,
Steven

mouser:
thanks Target, and excellent info steven  :up:

Also, in case i wasn't clear about it, nircmd has commandline functions for this:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version