It's me again. Thank you for your reply. I am much obliged that you have finalized the program name as I suggested. Kindly quote my full name when you credit because "Muhammad" is a word that millions of Muslims used as their First Name. Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz, Lahore, Pakistan. (Short Name "ajmalbeig" may also be used)
> i appreciate the suggestions and hope you will make some more if you
> have any other ideas.
Regarding your interest in new ideas, I have clicked some more. As you know, presently, one should have to click ILC (Internet Login Clock) icon to start the program. In this concern, I already have suggested... >>"Make it possible to detect the connection automatically."<<
My new suggestions:
(1) When we start the program manually after login to internet, ILC starts scrolling the starting time. BUT if someone forgot to start the program before or soon after to login, ILC does not shows the WHOLE TIME, rather the time when it detects a dialup connection. In my example, sometime I forgot to start the ILC beforehand and when an instance I remind it after 15 minutes or so it start the time from zero second and skipped the overlap time (15 minutes in my example). Try to make an adjustment that it show the total time of login even someone start it afterwards.
A Rear Hint:
You know the parameters, how a tiny software "Computer Uptime" detect the total uptime even you start the program, hours later.
(2) Provide Right-click Menu (context menu) on clock too.
(3) Currently, ILC stop measuring time when there is no active connection. It's right phenomenon but sometime dialup connection dropped automatically. In this condition, one cannot know how much time he/she was on internet because ILC automatically switched itsef to count Offline time. Please make room to record the time (seconds scrolling off) and allow clock window to stay intact for 30-60 seconds. After this time ILC must be completely off automatically (no icon in the syatem tray).
(4) It may be a great idea that one can set the login duration beforehand and when the preset time reached to end there should be a beep or so to inform the user.
(5) Memory usage should be as minimum as possible.
With Best Wishes and Regards!
Your Friend (to be)
Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz