topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE - IDEA: modem online always on top indicator  (Read 53009 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE - IDEA: modem online always on top indicator
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 11:32 AM »
hahahaahaha ok i see, its not rolling over the seconds :)
ok ill fix right now.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 11:51 AM »
ok i  uploaded a new versio which fixes the seconds rollover..
i will add right click options to the window later, and maybe some other stuff.

mtp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • freewarewiki.de
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 07:27 AM »
works! .. the last thing i want is that the timer remembers its position ..
freewarewiki.de .. though it's not a wiki ...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 07:38 AM »
it really should..
i've tested it in dif cases and it always does for me.. i'm trying to think why it might not..
oh - it tries to store its config file in its home directory.. maybe it doesnt have permissions on your system to do that.. like maybe you are using a user account which doesnt have permissions for the program to write to its own directory.  maybe you could set the permissions to allow that one .ini file to be written, if thats the case?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 09:55 AM »
question: if you select from tray to show, and then disable show, and then show again, does it remember position then? is it only when program is fully exited and restarted that it fails to remember its position.. it could be that when the computer is restarting or shutting down that the settings aren't be saved..  to check this, manually exit the program and restart it and see if it remembers it then.

mtp

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • freewarewiki.de
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2005, 04:42 AM »
1rst boot: timer shows up on the top left .. move to bottom right .. hide/show timer works .. close/open dydlo .. still in the bottom right ..
2nd boot: timer shows up on the top left .. move to bottom right ...
freewarewiki.de .. though it's not a wiki ...

ajmalbeig

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DYDLO or ILC (Internet Login Clock)
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Hello from Pakistan

Recently I found your software DYDLO (Dad You Didn't Log Off), however I called it ILC (Internet Login Clock) which I think speaks better about the nature of program. It is a nice handy program which reminds me to freeup the telephone line enable to receive calls from someone you dear most. It properly detects the dialup connection and works perfect.
In the forum there is no discussion about the program after May 09, 2005. Is the chapter has been closed and no enhancement required?
However I want to make some suggestions to improve its phenomenon.
1- It steals a lot of memory (3216K in my XP Pro machine)
2- It starts when I manually start it first then it detects the dialup. Make it possible to detect the connection automatically.
3- Remove the Title Bar of the clock, it doesn't looks nice. Adjust it to dock.
4- The program resides in the system tray even after disconnection. I think there is no need to show offline time.
The program must off itself automatically when there is no live connection.
Hope these points should be considered in a coming updated version.
Note: At your software page, DYDLO is absent.

With Regards and Best Wishes!
Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz
Lahore, Pakistan.
E-mail: [email protected]

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 11:39 AM »
greetings Muhammad and greetings to Pakistan!

"Internet Login Clock" is a much much better name.
i really do need to stop trying to name programs, i do a bad job ;)

I should say first that the reason that the program is missing from the main software pages is that it was written as a "Coding Snack" on our site.  These are programs that are written in a day or so in response to a user request, and usually are not as complete as ther other programs on our site and usually don't get much attention.  You can find the info about these programs on the Coding Snacks page: https://www.donation...dingSnacks/index.php

but just because it is a coding snack doesn't mean that we won't improve it due to requests.

i forget why i didn't remove the titlebar the first time - but i will try to remove it or have an option to remove it.
i can add an option to make it exit when the connection is closed.

the only part i'm not sure if i can do is starting automatically when a connection is established - i will look into this; if anyone finds code to hook into windows to have it notify a program on connection let me know.

any more suggestions would be very appreciated - i will try to add these features in the next week or so.
if you have any more ideas please do post them.

and I think when i will change the name officially to your suggestion if you do not mind.

ajmalbeig

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 12:51 AM »
Dear Mouser
Thank you very much for your response and spoke back well about my suggestions. I do hope that the said suggestions will be honoured in near future. Kindly do inform me when you done and send me a link to download the updated version. My regular e-mail address is [email protected]. It will be honour for me if you change the program name as I suggested ILC (Internet Login Clock) with credit, if possible.
With Best Wishes.
Ajmal Beig Naz

ajmalbeig

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 02:39 AM »
Dear Mouser,

It's me again. Thank you for your reply. I am much obliged that you have finalized the program name as I suggested. Kindly quote my full name when you credit because "Muhammad" is a word that millions of Muslims used as their First Name. Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz, Lahore, Pakistan. (Short Name "ajmalbeig" may also be used)

> i appreciate the suggestions and hope you will make some more if you
> have any other ideas.

Regarding your interest in new ideas, I have clicked some more. As you know, presently, one should have to click ILC (Internet Login Clock) icon to start the program. In this concern, I already have suggested... >>"Make it possible to detect the connection automatically."<<

My new suggestions:
==================
(1) When we start the program manually after login to internet, ILC starts scrolling the starting time. BUT if someone forgot to start the program before or soon after to login, ILC does not shows the WHOLE TIME, rather the time when it detects a dialup connection. In my example, sometime I forgot to start the ILC beforehand and when an instance I remind it after 15 minutes or so it start the time from zero second and skipped the overlap time (15 minutes in my example). Try to make an adjustment that it show the total time of login even someone start it afterwards.

A Rear Hint:
============
You know the parameters, how a tiny software "Computer Uptime"  detect the total uptime even you start the program, hours later. 

(2) Provide Right-click Menu (context menu) on clock too.

(3) Currently, ILC stop measuring time when there is no active connection. It's right phenomenon but sometime dialup connection dropped automatically. In this condition, one cannot know how much time he/she was on internet because ILC automatically switched itsef to count Offline time. Please make room to record the time (seconds scrolling off) and allow clock window to stay intact for 30-60 seconds. After this time ILC must be completely off automatically (no icon in the syatem tray).

(4) It may be a great idea that one can set the login duration beforehand and when the preset time reached to end there should be a beep or so to inform the user.

(5) Memory usage should be as minimum as possible.

With Best Wishes and Regards!
Your Friend (to be)
Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz
Lahore, Pakistan.
http://ajmalbeig.addr.com

ajmalbeig

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 02:45 AM »
Dear Mouser,

It's me again. Thank you for your reply. I am much obliged that you have finalized the program name as I suggested. Kindly quote my full name when you credit because "Muhammad" is a word that millions of Muslims used as their First Name. Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz, Lahore, Pakistan. (short name "ajmalbeig" may also be used)

> i appreciate the suggestions and hope you will make some more if you
> have any other ideas.

Regarding your interest in new ideas, I have clicked some more. As you know, presently, one should have to click ILC (Internet Login Clock) icon to start the program. In this concern, I already have suggested... >>"Make it possible to detect the connection automatically."<<

My new suggestions:
==================
(1) When we start the program manually after login to internet, ILC starts scrolling the starting time. BUT if someone forgot to start the program before or soon after to login, ILC does not shows the WHOLE TIME, rather the time when it detects a dialup connection. In my example, sometime I forgot to start the ILC beforehand and when an instance I remind it after 15 minutes or so it start the time from zero second and skipped the overlap time (15 minutes in my example). Try to make an adjustment that it show the total time of login even someone start it afterwards.

A Rear Hint:
============
You know the parameters, how a tiny software "Computer Uptime"  detect the total uptime even you start the program, hours later. 

(2) Provide Right-click Menu (context menu) on clock too.

(3) Currently, ILC stop measuring time when there is no active connection. It's right phenomenon but sometime dialup connection dropped automatically. In this condition, one cannot know how much time he/she was on internet because ILC automatically switched itsef to count Offline time. Please make room to record the time (seconds scrolling off) and allow clock window to stay intact for 30-60 seconds. After this time ILC must be completely off automatically (no icon in the syatem tray).

(4) It may be a great idea that one can set the login duration beforehand and when the preset time reached to end there should be a beep or so to inform the user.

(5) Memory usage should be as minimum as possible.

With Best Wishes and Regards!
Your Friend (to be)
Muhammad Ajmal Beig Naz
Lahore, Pakistan.
http://ajmalbeig.addr.com