Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 20, 2014, 02:45:00 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Making portable firefox my default browser. How?  (Read 1698 times)
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:02:11 PM »

This is a silly question, but I cannot find an answer.
I've spent a while trying to make portable firefox my default browser.
Right now it's IE, even though it says in options that it's not, and it says in FF's options that it is.
How the hell did I get into this mess?
I bet there's a registry hack to fix this...

Anyone knows?
PS: this is for my laptop. My desktop, with a parallel config, does the right thing. windows server 2008 both.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »

one way could be using mousers browser tray switch. You have to add portable browsers to the list
I've had trouble now & again mayself with default browser (some things respecting it, some not) possibly because I usually have a portable version of Opera as default.
I'll be interested to hear what others say . .

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.21 ]