ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to configure Website-Watcher for DC forums?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
I'm trying to use WW to check my "new replies to your posts" page.  but I'm having trouble configuring it properly because when there are no replies, not only is nothing shown, but the dates and header titles are gone also.  So the script has trouble recognizing what those fields are.  I know some of you use WW here, so I'd appreciate the advice.  Thanks.

cyberdiva:
If you don't get an answer here, do try the Website Watcher forums at http://www.aignes.com/forum/index.php.  The WW developer, Martin Aignesberger, responds frequently and helpfully, and I suspect that if what you want to do is possible, he'll know or figure out how to do it.

TucknDar:
Seems to me you need to "Ignore updates". Go to the bookmark config -> Advanced tab -> Ignore Updates, and put an entry with "No messages..." in the text field.

That should do it (at least works for me :-[ )

J-Mac:
Superboy: You really need to ask Martin at his forum. Filters in WSW can drive you crazy! Or, I guess I should say they can drive ME crazy anyway. A solid knowledge of Regex would help a lot but even with that they sometimes act different than what you would expect within WSW.

I always end up asking Martin after reducing myself to a drooling idiot trying!

Jim

superboyac:
Ok, point taken.  I will go on the WSW forum.  I've just too busy/lazy lately.  I'm tired of signing up for forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version