Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 06:38:47 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FreewareWire - Nice small freeware review site plus some homemade utilities  (Read 7085 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:41:11 AM »

DC member hewhoeatspie has recently shared with us a few cool new little freeware utilities he's made.  Turns out he also writes a neat little freeware review blog called FreewareWire.

I note that in his sidebar he lists a few things he'd like help with, including a logo design, so if any graphics guru feels like giving it a shot, it would be a nice gesture!

hewhoeatspie
Participant

Pie = Joy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:45:55 PM »

Aw, Thanks, Mouser! I really appreciate the attention! smiley

Yes, a logo really would be greatly appreciated.

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

Let me see what I can create as far as a logo goes. Thmbsup

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:35:27 PM »

Here we go for a first prototype: http://carrolld.dcmembers...ewarewire_logo_all_p1.png  Thmbsup
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:21:40 AM by hamradio » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
hewhoeatspie
Participant

Pie = Joy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 03:40:41 PM »

Hey! I like it! The only thing that I would ask is can you maybe put some more emphasis on the F and the W? Otherwise, it's perfect. smiley

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 03:43:27 PM »

Which color do you prefer before I start messing with the F and W?

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
gexecuter
Supporting Member

Move over and give us some room...

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »

Nice blog! plain but it gets the job done...just like mine O:

Mouser is made of win and awesome!
hewhoeatspie
Participant

Pie = Joy

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »

Which color do you prefer before I start messing with the F and W?
Probably Orange.

Loki15
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »

I'll work on a quick prototype for you. smiley

R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:22:07 AM »

Here we go for a second prototype with the orange coloring: http://carrolld.dcmembers...ewarewire_logo_all_p2.png  Thmbsup

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 09:34:43 AM »

maybe the F and W could be slightly redder to draw attention to them.. just an idea.
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 10:32:30 AM »

Here we go for a third prototype with the orange coloring taken a little further than second prototype: http://carrolld.dcmembers...ewarewire_logo_all_p3.png  Thmbsup

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
Loki15
Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

My first attempt, can't say I like it too much.. You tell me what you think. Ham's is better XP
http://i305.photobucket.c...208/Waltman25/FWWLogo.png

The text laying over the right side of the image is just a watermark and the grey things on the orange pieces are like buttons? Just kinda doodling, per say.

R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.
hewhoeatspie
Participant

Pie = Joy

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »

I like it! Thanks, Loki!

I've been thinking about it lately (I haven't had internet the last two days,) and I was thinking that maybe I would like the logo to have a wire somewhere in it? Like maybe the F would be made of a wire splitting, or something. I just would maybe like something more exciting than just text (no offense).

I know I'm being kinda picky...but I really don't mind that much.

Loki15
Honorary Member

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »

What if the F and W were converted to hollow fonts that I applied a metal colored gradient too?

hewhoeatspie
Participant

Pie = Joy

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »

Um, that would be good.  cheesy I'm really bad at graphic design, so I'm just lucky if I can understand a small amount of what you just said. tongue

Loki15
Honorary Member

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »

Haha I made a design with the letters hanging on a wire, my oh my, it looked horrible.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.11 ]