topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to stop Firefox from opening youtube searches in new tabs?  (Read 3571 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
All of a sudden, and I have no idea how it happened, whenever I search youtube, the results open up in new tabs.  It's very annoying.  I don't know what I did.  The only thing I can remember, is that recently I installed some little programs, and one of them had an option to also install the Ask.com toolbar (we've all seen this), and I must have forgotten to uncheck that option, because it got installed.  Well, I uninstalled it, but ever since then (I think) the youtube search in new tabs is happening.

This is exactly why no matter how these authors do it, they should never include this kind of BS in their installers.  We had a debate here a while back about the OpenCandy stuff in installers.  Nothing good comes out of it, no matter how you argue it.  The best you can hope for is that these things are unchecked by DEFAULT.  Yeah, this problem of mine is no big deal, but it shouldn't have happened (assuming that was the cause).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to stop Firefox from opening youtube searches in new tabs?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:08 PM »
just YouTube - not Google?
Tom

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to stop Firefox from opening youtube searches in new tabs?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 06:24 PM »
yes, just youtube.