topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: any word autocompleter working fine under Vista/2008? All I can think of don't  (Read 4121 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I used to use intellicomplete (abandonware), but last known version is from 2004 and doesn't work under Vista/2008?

A free alternative, also abandonware, is letMeType, but no luck:
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=7865.0

The newer contenders are Typing assistant and phrase express. None of them work on my box for different reasons.

Any other alternatives? Workarounds?

Thanks

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Lifehacker's Texter works fine for me as it's autohotkey based.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Comfort Keys says it's Vista-compatible.  There's both Lite and Pro versions, both payware, different prices.  Its smaller brother Comfort Typing might do, but check versions of all these carefully to make sure you pick one that has all the features you want.

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ok texter is a text expander. I.e., if you have an acronym or shortcut, it'll expand it. For what I can read comfort typing is in the same boat.
I have to explain: I don't want a text expander. I have ahk.

What I want is a tool that learns the words I use and suggest them. That is, tab completion for writing text.

Comfort typing does so much, and explains so little on what it does, that it may contain this functionality. Does it?
UPDATE: I tried it. It does work. Thanks rjbull!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ActiveWords and SpellCatcher Plus are both working fine on my Vista 64 install BUT I don't really use either much/often.