topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature request: undressing app in good dutch  (Read 3780 times)

basc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Life Live Love Dough
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature request: undressing app in good dutch
« on: June 21, 2009, 11:06 AM »
keywords: mask breakdown**, purpose

Hello Mouser,

This is for your 'Box of choices';)

For the purpose of DTP photo collaging, perhaps it's worthwhile to break up the Screenshot Captor programme into a single purpose application.

- Getting a selected region of the desktop; defining the corner points prior to displaying the image 1:1 (quite a challenge?)
- Applying a mask from the list as done in Screenshot Captor (the raster format png's great in doing that!)
- Auto saving it to the folder and left list also as done in Screenshot Captor
- Also dragging and dropping to for example Viva Designer works like a charm (as in Screenshot Captor), I'm not sure about the maintaining chores*, but it could appeal to more computer illiterate users.

Then again, it's almost MiniCap, but then for a slightly different purpose. *Perhaps it's nice to be able to turn off several other purpose functions in Screenshot Capture to get down to this? If not on a module basis, perhaps as in a modifyable GUI, I don't know.

- I can't help it, but a designer's mask with two feather lines super imposed, which can be moved and then applied, would perhaps also appeal to others. Don't forget to donate to this great initiative (dc.com)!

Thank you,
basc

ps. I have requested the Snippy author for a feather function, I thought that would also be a good suggestion. You can find this on http://tech.groups.y...ri-users/message/685

** a positive breakdown that is :>

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request: undressing app in good dutch
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Hi basc,
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

Can you give more detail about what this means:
a designer's mask with two feather lines super imposed, which can be moved and then applied,

As you say your first request for a simplified process sounds like a job for MiniCap.

basc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Life Live Love Dough
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request: undressing app in good dutch
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Hi Mouser,

Perhaps it's something to add to MiniCap, but that would make it closer to the full Screenshot Captor in scope. Come to think of it, it would almost become a MidiCap, somewhere in between.

To make matters worse, although not originally the case (in my request), I've seen reports on the net that transparency with png graphics aren't as straitforward; Any imagery that MidiCap would see on your desktop could be used for webpages.

It seems I can't answer straight. To get back to your question, one of the two lines is the inner loop, and the other line is the outer border loop, where in between transparency gets distributed from 0% to 100%. This is a quick way to add standard masking.

Don't get me wrong, the features in Screenshot Captor are great, including the bitmap masking which is very (very) useful; perhaps it's nice to create a desktop snapshot tool specialized in masking, more graphics oriented, holding the snap collection for a DTP programme.

Hmm, don't know about the coding, but moving a bitmap (or some lines) over a snapshot as a very simple process in MiniCaptor would just do the job. It's late, and I'm working too hard ;) but that actually makes sense.  :Thmbsup:

I hope other people would approve.

Perhaps MiniCap can map out an image 1:1 if the filename or url of the image is known, but then I'll just stitch images together or use a virtual desktop, this can be solved. Thanks again Mouser.