topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bug? general instability  (Read 5049 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bug? general instability
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I've been using LBC at work for a while now with no problems.  Now, for the first time in a while, I stuck my USB into my home computer and launched LBC.  Nothing showed up (none of my launchbars).  So I kept running LBC, about 4 times I think.  Then my computer slowed to a crawl because my CPU usage went to 100%, with each LBC instance taking up 25%.  So I had to restart, I couldn't do anything.  Then I tried to run LBC again (just once this time), and again nothing happened.  I checked CPU usage and it showed LBC using 25% again.  This is on my new 4 GB Ram, quad core cpu computer.  So something is wrong.  I updated the files to the latest LBC version, and it did the same thing again.  What can be the problem?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bug? general instability
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:38 PM »
i wonder if its this issue of changed drive letters not being resolved properly, and yet LBC trying to resolve them.. maybe network drive slowdown if LBC is looking on network drives for files?

can you test this theory by starting LBC without any launchbars and creating a new one or two and seeing if there is any problem doing that?
(you may have to delete the mcp file or .ini in order to start it without it loading your old files, or delete your old files).
needless to say: back up your files first.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:42 PM by mouser »

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:00 PM »
i wonder if its this issue of changed drive letters not being resolved properly, and yet LBC trying to resolve them.. maybe network drive slowdown if LBC is looking on network drives for files?

can you test this theory by starting LBC without any launchbars and creating a new one or two and seeing if there is any problem doing that?
(you may have to delete the mcp file or .ini in order to start it without it loading your old files, or delete your old files).
I'm not using any network drive programs.  I'll try your suggestion out.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:02 PM »
I don't know if this is the same, but LBC works fine when I use the locally installed version on my home pc with it's own toolbar.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 08:07 PM »

OK, it works when I delete those files and start from scratch.

But, when I try to load my previously configured launchbar files, the application hangs and goes back to full 25% cpu usage.  I have to force it to close.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:48 PM »
ok well im guessing thats the problem, let me investigate.