Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 10:02:56 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: hamNotes (A FARR2 Plugin by hamradio)  (Read 26499 times)
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:31:19 AM »

hamNotes 1.1.0.0 (Updated April 23rd, 2012)
hamNotes allows you to keep searchable text notes.
Activate the plugin to add and search the text notes and quickly view them.

Click for the hamNotes web page with more info!

Please extract it to a directory named hamNotes in the FARR2 Plugins
directory or if you already have it you may use DcUpdater to update it.

If you have any questions/comments/bugs let me know.

Before you report a bug please make note that this plugin requires FARR version 2.66.01 or greater to use correctly.
We recommend FARR version 2.68.01 or greater.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:42:16 PM by hamradio; Reason: Updated version and updated date. » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:23:42 AM »

this is the plugin i've been waiting for.. quick simple notetaking with search.  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:34:51 AM »

Any ETA on a public version?  tellme
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:44:46 AM »

fantastic work, hamradio! Thmbsup

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »

Public version soon after another release of farr2 as it will require it, also after I finish the website and readme for it. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:11:40 AM »

Thmbsup

If you need help - JUST ASK!
Nod5
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:45:25 AM »

thumbs up
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:37 AM »

hamNotes has been released please see the first post for the link and info. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »

WOOT!!!!!!!

congratulations ham and thank you.
I've been begging for a plugin like this almost since plugin ability was added to farr in the first place!

Codebyte
Supporting Member

"Premature Optimization is the root of all evil."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »

wow very nice ham! great work as usual smiley

CodeByter.com - http://www.codebyter.com
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Thank you! Some more useful tips...Right click on a result of the search for a context menu and also notice the farr2 status bar icons.  You can also press enter to view a note within farr2 and see more statusbar icons too. They have useful features. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »

this is a fantastic tool! i'm putting up a screenshot of what hamradio said one post above. this plugin also works well in portable mode, making it a very handy note-taker on the thumb-drive. definitely worth upgrading Farr for this. smiley

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:17:33 AM »

REMINDER:
Please don't forget to send hamradio (and all of the other coders on the site!) some donationcredits to say thank you if you appreciate their work!
Just click on the little gold coin under their name to do so.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 12:26:23 AM »

One realllly nice feature of hamnotes is:

The note file is XML.
That is important because it means you can easily import your notes into another program, or export from another program into hamnotes, index your notes with a desktop search tool, or do large scale search+replace in a text editor.
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 07:09:47 AM »

Now that's a great plugin... Thmbsup

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »

i really like the idea that you can do a quick note add which bypasses the confirmation note dialog, or the normal add which brings up the confirmation note edit dialog where you can add keywords, etc.

just thinking out loud -- i wonder if sometimes you might not be thinking AHEAD of time which you want to do -- or more specifically i wonder if you might type "hnote /a blah blah" and then want to say: just accept this with no edit dialog.. maybe with ctrl+enter instead of enter, or with a * at end of text.

in other words im just saying i wonder if it would be nice to have a different way of indicating that you want the edit dialog by typing something at the end of the sentence.

on the other hand this is a really minor request because i suspect that users will all fall into one of two camps -- those who want the dialog to always pop up (they will use hnote /a) and those who dont want it to ever show, and they will learn to use hnote /q.  so im not sure this is really needed.
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 10:57:38 PM »

Version 1.0.0.1 - June 28th, 2009

• [New Feature] - Added a way to view and search keywords and show the number of occurrences of each.
  • [New Feature] - Added an option to the modify note dialog to choose if the date of note should get updated when changes are saved.
  • [Improvement/Modification] - Made the current note date viewable when modifying a note to go with the option for updating note date when changes are saved.
  • [Improvement/Modification] - Modified the statusbar text to show "Create Syntax Reminder" when adding a note through the FARR window.
  • [Improvement/Modification] - Changed the load routine a little to make it work with portable paths also.

See first topic for link to download page or use DcUpdater if you have hamNotes already installed. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
megar
Supporting Member

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »

Thank you for the plugin. It is the first plugin I test.

Something I don't like, but is very minor, is the dialog for deleting a note. It is ALL CAPS and really it hurts my eyes. Can you please make it a little more polite ?
That's my only complain so far. I may or may not be using your plugin. I must test it against the solution I use (portable pstart, without key shortcut, but with remainders...)
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »

Your welcome and sure I will make the individual note delete more polite. Thmbsup

Thank you for the plugin. It is the first plugin I test.

Something I don't like, but is very minor, is the dialog for deleting a note. It is ALL CAPS and really it hurts my eyes. Can you please make it a little more polite ?
That's my only complain so far. I may or may not be using your plugin. I must test it against the solution I use (portable pstart, without key shortcut, but with remainders...)

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
rogal
Supporting Member

It's what you do that defines you.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »

This is seriously good. It can easily replace other tag-based note application. Thx a lot!

Joon
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

Your very welcome and thanks. smiley

This is seriously good. It can easily replace other tag-based note application. Thx a lot!

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »

Version 1.0.0.7 - July 10th, 2009

• [Improvement/Modification] - Organized the notes management and preferences dialog a little better to make it cleaner and provide room for expansion.
  • [Bug Fix] - Fixed several really small bugs that was hardly noticeable.

See first topic for link to download page or use DcUpdater if you have hamNotes already installed. smiley

Edit: One other thing I forgot to mention is that I made the individual note delete more polite.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 03:23:53 PM by hamradio » Logged

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 03:27:38 PM »

thanks  thumbs up
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 02:22:48 AM »

My updater is not detecting the update....... Sad

hamradio
Charter Honorary Member

Amateur Radio Guy

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 11:11:43 PM »

It should and if it doesn't you could always try forcing the update through the updater. smiley

Carroll - HamRadioUSA
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.11 ]