topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: $50 off purchase of Sapien products (PrimalScript, etc.)  (Read 11010 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Our CEO is turning 50 this month.  Take the coupon code OVRHILLFGR to ScriptingOutpost.com and get $50 off of anything in the store! Expires 6/30/09

Sapien's flagship product is PrimalScript - a very nice, but expensive, editor/IDE geared toward Windows scripting (VBscript, WMI, PowerShell etc  - not so much web scripting such as PHP or in-browser JavaScript).  PrimalScript is $300 (I think) so even with $50 off it remains pretty pricey.  But if it's something you've been considering, $50 may seal the deal for you.

What may be more interesting to some DCer's is the newly released PrimalXML editor oriented toward XML documents (if you couldn't guess).  With the $50 coupon the price for that software is $19.  I purchased a license because my current job is dealing with some XML gunk for communications between a couple platforms.  However, I'm not sure PrimalXML is quite baked enough to unreservedly recommend (things like the help file is currently missing, a file open always starts in the "My Documents\SAPIEN\XML" directory instead of the last directory something was opened from).

The nice parts of PrimalXML are the fact that it shows the XML in both a text form and a structured form, and the XML can be navigated/searched using simple XPath queries.  I honestly don't know how this compares with other XML-oriented editors, but it's definitely a step up from the XML support I've seen in the other text editors I have (which to be fair are text editors, not XML editors), and it seems worth the $20 for my purposes even with it's current teething pains.

They also have a few other new tools (a diff/merge tool, an SQL-oriented tool, and a version control tool), but I don't know any details about those.

Anyway if the discount is interesting to you, visit http://www.scriptingoutpost.com (Sapien's store) and/or http://www.sapien.com

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PrimalScript on sale for $99 - December 31, 2010 only
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:58 PM »
PrimalScript 2009 on sale (for 24 hours on December 31, 2010) for $99:

- http://blog.sapien.c...or-primalforms-2009/

I think that at $99 it's still pretty expensive for causal editing, but if you're writing VBScript or PowerShell scripts, or even JavaScript (for running on the desktop only - PrimalScript doesn't support in-browser scripting) it's probably well worth the hundred bucks.  I don't do much desktop scripting anymore, but when I did do some, PrimalScript was the only tool I found that made developing and debugging those scripts bearable.

I believe that the purchase of a PrimalScript 2009 license during this sale will entitle you to a free upgrade to PrimalScript 2011 when it comes out.

PrimalForms 2009 is also on sale for $99, but I know nothing about that product.

AlexRiedel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: $50 off purchase of Sapien products (PrimalScript, etc.)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:59 AM »
Just wanted to jump in and say that PrimalScript DOES support Javascript in HTML/ASP pages.
It also supports C# and .NET in ASP.NET, deployment, .NET PrimalSense and so forth.
So much that folks start to complain that Visual Studio can't keep up  :)
http://connect.micro...or-classic-asp-pages

I am affiliated wit SAPIEN so you should not listen to me but download a copy and see for yourself.  8)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:03 AM »
Just wanted to jump in and say that PrimalScript DOES support Javascript in HTML/ASP pages.

Sorry about the misinformation - is that new with PrimalScript 2009?

AlexRiedel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:37 AM »
Nope, that has been there since, oh my, 2.something. 3.0 added .NET support. 2007 was version 4.5 and 2009 is 5.0 in case you want to compare true version numbers. What was  the last version you had?

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 02:59 AM »
Last version I have is 2007 - I could have sworn that I couldn't get it to help debug in-browser scripts (it might have been 3.1 that I tried it with though - a pretty long time in any case).

Ah - maybe that's the misunderstanding - I was talking about debugging in-browser rather than editing support for browser scripts. I should have been more clear.  But I'd certainly be happy to hear that I'm wrong about that as well.