ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Let's Fork The Thread! Linux Notetaking Thread!

<< < (10/12) > >>

adriatic:
Not sure it is possible to query a browser like you suggest. I need to be able support any HTML source, not just browsers. That's why I can only look at the clipboard.

But the idea with browser add-in is nice. I already have it in my plans, I'll probably support only Firefox for a start.

Paul Keith:
Is this really the best situation from a user perspective side? Wouldn't it be better to innovate a user interface that beats this issue?

For example Latex isn't exactly Word but it does some things better than it and that's why if Lyx were to be improved, it could easy innovate something special.

I think some basic ideas like drop down briefcase but instead of choosing HTML or plain text, have it pop-up a forrmatting box could bypass the frustration somewhat.

...or how about a formatting suggestion generator for the text which you can quickly choose or dispose of?

adriatic:
Not sure how the clipboard format picking window will solve the issue with wanting to know the source URL,
because the source applications on Linux do not publish this info to the clipboard.

Paul Keith:
Oh my bad. I thought the topic was about retaining the formatting of text when copying.

For those situations, I simply use clipboard managers. It has never particularly bothered me because even on Windows such apps like The Form Letter Machine and Notepad don't exactly allow for the source url either so I tend to copy it separately.

urlwolf:
Forgot to say that it's interesting to keep both the formatting and the url.
If Linux, by design, doesn't keep the formatting (I'm surprised; I've seen apps doing this, I think TuxNotes does), then we are in big trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version