ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (30/31) > >>

superboyac:
@superboyac: have you tried AVStoDVD as well? And if so, what do you think about it? I ask because AVStoDVD and FAVC are the two I use.

Unlike FAVC, AVStoDVD still has an active developer who remains receptive to user comments. 
-sajman99 (November 15, 2010, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I haven't tried it yet.  I just went off Miles' suggestion so far.  I'll give that a shot next time.  It sounds good also.

MilesAhead:
I used AvsToDVD myself for awhile. I ran into too many issues with audio processing crapping out.

For DVD output from a single file I got to using HCgui manually. If the audio is fine as is, such as .ac3 I just demux the audio and save the .ac3 file.  Then I do video processing with HCgui to get .m2v file. Use DVDAuthorGui to make a dvd from the .m2v and .ac3.

Only thing is you need to use a bit rate calculator to fit the output into a dvd5 or dvd9.  But it's not difficult:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/bitrate-calculators

Many programs insist on processing the .ac3 even when you tell them not to.  Very annoying when it craps out while doing so(aften.)

If he resolved the audio issues it would be a nice app.  I think it's difficult for front ends that use aften. Seems to be something difficult to predict about it or I'm just very unlucky.

superboyac:
Ugh...I'm trying to avoid multi step, multi software things.  I'll stick with FAVC until I have issues, then I'll probably just give up.  I don't do this that often.
I'm just surprised there aren't better one-click solutions out there.  I figure this is a very common thing people run into.  I know people always have videos on their computer, and they'd love to watch it on their regular tv, so a one click solution would be great for that.  i really liked AShampoo's attempt, if it just worked.
More programs like MakeMkv should come out.  one click, no fuss solutions.

MilesAhead:
Ugh...I'm trying to avoid multi step, multi software things.  I'll stick with FAVC until I have issues, then I'll probably just give up.  I don't do this that often.
I'm just surprised there aren't better one-click solutions out there.  I figure this is a very common thing people run into.  I know people always have videos on their computer, and they'd love to watch it on their regular tv, so a one click solution would be great for that.  i really liked AShampoo's attempt, if it just worked.
More programs like MakeMkv should come out.  one click, no fuss solutions.
-superboyac (November 15, 2010, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would say with FAVC just check the run time matches the run time of the input.
For example if you have an .avi file as source, use MediaInfo and check the run time.
If it's 1 hour 46 minutes 20 seconds, and so is the play time of the dvd, all should be well.
Move the slider of the software player to near the end of the movie to make sure you still have audio all the way through. If it passes those tests then it should be a clean conversion.

Also note that AvsToDVD has had a revision or 2 since the last time I tried it.  Maybe the audio issues have been resolved.  I tried using the setting to do audio with QuEnc to avoid the aften issue, but I got the crap outs anyway. I just gave up out of frustration.

superboyac:
Duly noted.  Thanks Miles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version