ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (27/31) > >>

delwoode:
yeah well put.  I am not young any more but I remember when I was a small child the TV programs would talk about us living on the moon in the year2000+
HAA nothing much has changed apart from TV sets got bigger (and tv programs got worse) and computers are used by most people, but they still cant really handle video well.

cmpm:
Here's WinX DVD author for free again.
Looks simple enough, it may work.

Downloaded and installed, haven't tried it yet.

http://dottech.org/freebies/15596

Innuendo:
Even when you think You have it right you then take the DVD with you and try to play it on a Friends DVD player and you discover it was only ok for playing on yours!  -delwoode (March 17, 2010, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's been my experience that when a burned DVD will play fine on some players, but not others it is almost always a media problem. Some players have trouble reading some brands of media. When it's not a media problem then it is the burner and/or player. Some players have weaker lasers than others and then you need a good burner with a strong laser that will burn a disc that the weak-lasered player can read.

This advice is only if you have a disc that will read fine on some players, but not others. If the disc won't read on anything then it could be something else....bad media, error in the disc authoring, PEBCAK, phase of the moon, etc.

You should have been tried burning discs back in 1998. Voodoo and black magic were required to get a disc to burn properly...and there was no such thing as Burn-Proof and the like back then. One CPU usage spike & you had a coaster.

Innuendo:
yeah well put.  I am not young any more but I remember when I was a small child the TV programs would talk about us living on the moon in the year2000+-delwoode (March 17, 2010, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Space: 1999 FTW!  :Thmbsup:

HAA nothing much has changed apart from TV sets got bigger (and tv programs got worse) and computers are used by most people, but they still cant really handle video well.

--- End quote ---

Computers can handle video well. My PC handles video quite well often & there are some PCs out there that handle video very well every day. However, it's not something for novices hoping for one-click solutions.

First, you have to have the right software for the job. There's tons of software out there for video editing, conversion, and manipulation and a large percentage of it is poo. Next, once you have the right software, your settings/preferences have to be correct for the task you are trying to perform or the results are going to be disastrous.

Finally, and depending on the task you are wishing to perform, having the right codecs installed are crucial. If you don't have the right ones or they weren't installed correctly (usually due to a dodgy installer), the results are definitely going to be less than satisfactory.

sajman99:
Here's WinX DVD author for free again.
Looks simple enough, it may work.

Downloaded and installed, haven't tried it yet.

http://dottech.org/freebies/15596

-cmpm (April 10, 2010, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks interesting. Please let us know your opinion if you check it out.

Ashraf noted eariler versions were somewhat buggy in a review from last year. Hopefully that's no longer the case.

Also, if it's still true you cannot create an ISO but must burn to disk, then that limitation strikes me as very significant. I mean, even with 'drag and drop' DVD Flick, you have the option to create an ISO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version