ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (23/31) > >>

MilesAhead:
Anybody use HCbatchGUI before and care to comment on the quality of its output?
-sajman99 (November 05, 2009, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried a couple of runs with it but it just felt like it was too easy to miss a setting and start the thing going. I seem to have an easier time remembering how to set the options with AVStoDVD.  Plus the help gives some hints on which sizer to use. One thing I recently realized with AVStoDVD when converting HD source down to DVD, the fps processing isn't that much slower on my dual core than my quad core.  I can do the job on the dual core which runs much quieter when the cores are maxed out, and it only costs me about another hour for the conversion. Going from avi to dvd the quad core is much faster esp. when using multiple instances of the video converter.  But downsizing is so slow that the percentage difference only gets you a few frames per second.  It's more convenient just to put the job on the quiet machine and forget about it for a few hours.

sajman99:
I would agree AVStoDVD provides a smoother overall experience than HCbatchGUI. While its nice to have the opportunity to change any setting (in the advanced GUI of HCbatchGUI), its also nice to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. HCbatchGUI reminds me of years ago when I used Gordian Knot (long before AutoGK emerged) to convert to DivX--settings galore!

Also, both AVStoDVD and the HC encoder have been updated more frequently in recent months. 8)

MilesAhead:
What I'd like to find now is a gui that will run tsMuxer jobs in batch. tsMuxerGui is fine but it gets tedious doing the same drag & drop operation 10 or 15 times when all the params are the same. Outfile is sourcefile with different extension etc..

Or a folder mode like Popcorn MKV audio converter has would be nice.

mouser:
Thanks CWuestefeld and Shades for the recommendation of DeVeDe, it was simple to use and got the job done for me.

Curt:
...DeVeDe, it was simple to use and got the job done for me.-mouser (March 07, 2010, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does it (still) need Imgburn ?  :tellme:

Install imgburn and it will use this instead for creating the iso which should fix some problems people are having (including me).-DeVeDe
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version