ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is best program to create a DVD from any video file?

<< < (15/31) > >>

MilesAhead:
btw a new version of AVStoDVD was released today.  Guess I'll give it another try.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

MilesAhead:
I just got this DVD Creator giveaway:

follow the instructions to get download link and license key. A hotmail address works fine. Just got mine.

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/10/07/zc-dvd-creator-platinum-free-full-version/

[Edit - URL corrected, Carol Haynes]

sajman99:
I just got this DVD Creator giveaway...
-MilesAhead (October 08, 2009, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the notice. Any impressions on the software--particularly regarding their self-proclaimed "world-class video encoder"-- would be greatly appreciated.

MilesAhead:
I just got this DVD Creator giveaway...
-MilesAhead (October 08, 2009, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the notice. Any impressions on the software--particularly regarding their self-proclaimed "world-class video encoder"-- would be greatly appreciated.
-sajman99 (October 08, 2009, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I give a trial I'll post anything I find out.  Just noticed there's a SysInternals thingy to make a vhd from a hd so I'm trying to find out any protected environment I can make for my Vista64 that can be done in a couple of hours.  I don't formally test software so anything that takes longer I might as well just rely on my image backup.  A restore usually only takes 45 min. to an hour.  I'll probably mess with the video by this weekend though.

sajman99:
My results with ZC DVD Creator Platinum weren't very impressive. While it's a very simple one-click solution with impressive speed, there were very few customizable settings-- no encoder choices, profiles, etc. Presumably, you're supposed to sit back and trust this app to make all the critical decisions for you. Uh...in my case the output was seriously undersized resulting in noticeably sub-par video quality. Hope others had better luck with this--but I'm not keeping it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version