ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Early Windows apps

(1/1)

Arizona Hot:
While surfing the Web looking at Windows history I found  this page which talks about modifying the file headers of Windows 1 and 2 programs so that they will run in later versions. I have done this in my Win XP machine. I would like to know if they will run under Win Vista. I think it would be a real blast from the past and interesting backwards compatibility if some Windows 1 programs would run in Windows 7. I have attached the 2 zip archives of the programs to this entry.

fenixproductions:
2Arizona Hot
THX. Although I had knew mentioned page already I didn't know they had such stuff.

BTW Your post reminded me about some Win 3.11 application I still have on my HDD:
SpoilerIt's called cardfile.exe

mwb1100:
I would like to know if they will run under Win Vista. I think it would be a real blast from the past and interesting backwards compatibility if some Windows 1 programs would run in Windows 7. I have attached the 2 zip archives of the programs to this entry.
-Arizona Hot (June 17, 2009, 07:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think they'll have a decent chance of running on 32-bit Vista and Win7 (but I'm not sure). To get them to run on a 64-bit platform will require a VM (VMware, Virtual PC, Win7's Virtual XP, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version