ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for application to determine what folders are using up the most space

<< < (3/7) > >>

Hirudin:
I was going to suggest turning off system restore too.

How many folders could they possibly have? I'd go into the folder options and make sure everything (system and hidden files/folders) is visible. Then go one by one to find the folder(s) in the root that is(are) exorbitantly large and start deleting.

Maybe WMP (or iTunes or some other media management program) is automatically copying every CD she plays with her computer or something?

Veign:
How many folders could they possibly have? I'd go into the folder options and make sure everything (system and hidden files/folders) is visible. Then go one by one to find the folder(s) in the root that is(are) exorbitantly large and start deleting.
-Hirudin (June 16, 2009, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Start deleting?  That's not going to happen.  Can't have her just start deleting large folder blindly.

Hopefully I will get some feedback today as what the issue was.  Again, you never know what a user is doing and the reason i wish I could get in front of the computer.

wraith808:
Maybe if not, you can get her to send a desktop support request (or whatever that is) that allows you to RDP in to her desktop.

And definitely a  :down: on the blind deletion thing.

Veign:
Maybe if not, you can get her to send a desktop support request (or whatever that is) that allows you to RDP in to her desktop.

And definitely a  :down: on the blind deletion thing.
-wraith808 (June 16, 2009, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tried that but can't since it doesn't have a routeable IP address.

bgd77:
Another free, portable and very nice application: Scanner
http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version