ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

pandora.com - Internet radio for EVERY taste! FREE!

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
recent blog comparing pandora to another similar site last.fm:
http://www.stevekrause.org/steve_krause_blog/2006/01/pandora_and_las.html

[link from slashdot.org]

jgpaiva:
I had to express my appreciation for this site. I'm only mad that my ISP is so bad, and have such low transfer limits :(

Pandora.com has a nice database (sure, there are lost of artist missing, but the best are there), and the audio quality is very good. It's just like listening to radio, but a high-quality radio fully customized by the user. And the adaptive selection is just perfect. If the second music you hear is not of your appreciation, you just mark it as a song you don't like, and the next one will surely be very close to what you are looking for. It didn't take me more that 4 refusals go get a perfect playlist, exactly what i wanted, and it even helped me in finding more artists on the music style i was looking for.
I sure recommend you take a look, at least try it, it's certain you'll love it :D

db90h:
Ya want Internet Radio ....

A current Winamp offer is FREE XM internet radio. All XM stations. 

Download and install the free version of Winamp 5.x, browse the internet radio stations, and there ya go.

Enjoy!

allen:
Heh . . . I'm listening to nothing but alphaville this morning and it is good.  Next up, Bruce Springstein, I think. 

allen:
I was a bit skeptical, thought it would be fun to play with for a few minutes and that would be it -- but a few days later, I'm finding myself growing more fond of it as I go.

They're really onto something--keep surprising me.  My main station is primarily 80's and 80's esque synthpop/europop seeded originally by Alphaville, A-ha and Erasure.  What really amazes me is they throw in artists who I wouldn't consider obviously similiar -- who I do really like.  What it is becoming is a single station with impressive variety and very few tracks I dislike.  I have to force myself to leave it and create other stations for the sake of experimentation.

That said, I've had best results seeding stations with specific tracks rather than artists.  If an artist is fairly homogenous stylistically, alphaville or erasure or dan tyminsky, things stay pretty close but with artists whose style has had some variance over the years, the results can be really unpredictable.

As far as the price goes, it does seem a bit steep viewed as a single price -- but if you look at how it breaks down, I don't think it's particularly unreasonable.  3 bucks a month isn't bad, I pay more a month for things that I feel are really low-priced -- I just don't consider the annual fee (which still isn't unreasonable).  Whether or not I shell out any money does depend on the ads (I have yet to see any) and any other benefits they may (Seems like they'd have to) offer.  It's young, I'm sure more perks will materialize.

Buy in now, there's always the chance of getting grandfathered in later on -- wouldn't be the first web service to tip their hat to early adopters.

Thanks for the link, brotherS!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version