ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XYplorer 8.00 released with DUAL PANES (!)

<< < (5/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
I would, however, like to discuss with Don the uses of descript.ion files and let him know how I use them to keep track of things between programs and hopefully he'll reconsider adding the feature.-Innuendo (June 16, 2009, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm sure you can make a good case. I use them too but I'm less ardent than you :)

kartal:
Xyplorer is a nice tool with super steady developement. DonL generally welcomes suggestions, options and ideas I think. And he tries to naildown bugs as much as he can. I definetely suggest Xyplorer with DP or without Dp.

On the other hand I tend to agree with Innuendo`s experience with certain topics in the forum. I personally do not have positive or negative feedback on this particular issue but all I can say is that all ideas should be welcomed at least as a matter of discussion point as long as they are posted with good faith.

Innuendo:
I use them too but I'm less ardent than you :)-cranioscopical
--- End quote ---

Yes, ardent is a nice way to describe my levels of excitement sometimes reaching fanaticism regarding file managers. ;)

I do want to state for the record that I admire what Don's been accomplishing with his file manager. He's trying to bring all the power of the Total Commanders and Directory Opuses of the world to an Explorer-style file manager without becoming as convoluted in the options/preferences department as Directory Opus and I think he's done very well accomplishing that.

I just miss descript.ion file support.

cranioscopical:
I just miss descript.ion file support.
-Innuendo (June 17, 2009, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, I must have overlooked that point  ;D

I wonder how many people on here use them?  Might be interesting to see if anyone else holds up a hand.

fenixproductions:
2cranioscopical
I use them. With TC files colouring engine I can assign different names colours based on comments (i.e. $work$ gets violet). I have used it also for tagging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version