ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis True Image Home 2009 41% off on Bits du Jour, Fri. 19th June

(1/2) > >>

rjbull:
Bits du Jour offer:

Acronis True Image Home 2009

Deal Price: $29.99
You Save: 41%
List Price: $49.99

Deal Available: Friday 19 JUN ’09
--- End quote ---

TucknDar:
I noticed this as well. Worth it?

rjbull:
I haven't tried it, but I'm fairly sure I've seen positive mentions on DC before.

Off to try the forum search...

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

No one size fits all on image programs.  If this has alternate and sensible file-by-file backup (in case the image fails or you restore to another puter where the OS is installed first) that is a major plus.   Acronis I think also has a "universal image restore" product (restore on any puter) but those tend to be more pricey.  I see every image product from every vendor (freeware or commercial) occasionally gets posts about how the image restore did not take.  So I caution .. anyone who relies on an image backup only .. have a file-by-file function somewhere.

Acronis is definitely top-tier, I do remember criticisms of their support.  Myself .. undecided and considering.

Personally I see image backups more for test environments and some biz environments, preferring the simplicity of selective file-by-file and then the health of a new OS restore in case of a crash.  However they seem to be all the rage these days.  Personally, I usually see an OS lockup or a disk crash as a providential sign that it is time for a new, fresh OS install.

Shalom,
Steven

TucknDar:
I'm certainly considering getting this, and hopefully get into a good backup routine. I'm preparing a WinXP reinstall, and suppose making an image of a freshly installed OS then regular file backups would be to way to go.

Took it for a test drive, and it was surprisingly fast making an image of the system partition :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version