topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to Cleanly Uninstall URL Snooper & Associated Programs  (Read 7206 times)

gonwk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi folks,

I am not a Techie ... so may be I should have not installed this program.  Installation went OK, but I can NOT get even off of 1st base ... I have read several posts here and I have tried locating the "Network Adapter" from drop-down tab under General Options ... but it is RED and I tried invoking WinPcap and it starts but it just sits there.

Now, I also had earlier downloaded and installed the Orbit Downloader ... so may be the 2 programs are in conflict!?!?

Also, I have started experiencing slow-down in my Browser (IE7).  FYI ... my Gateway laptop Specs:

CPU: Intel T5750
RAM: 4GB
Network: I am not sure under Device Manager it shows 2: A) Intel wireless WIFI Link 4965AGN; B) RealTek RTL8101E Family PCI-E FE NIC.

So, I want to uninstall "URL Snooper 2" and "WinPcap" and all the associated programs.

Q1: Why neither URL Snooper or WinPcap are working?

Q2: Would unistalling from Add/Remove page be all is needed for a CLEAN uninstall?  Remove both URL Snooper and WinPcap!

Q3: Does anyone know if Orbit downloader causes a lot of Slow Down of Browser?

Thanks,

G! :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to Cleanly Uninstall URL Snooper & Associated Programs
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:22 PM »
sorry to hear about any problems you might be having.. url snooper doesnt install anything that could slow down your pc.

as you said:
Q2: Would unistalling from Add/Remove page be all is needed for a CLEAN uninstall?  Remove both URL Snooper and WinPcap!

yes.

im not sure if orbit uses winpcap, but you could simply uninstall url snooper and winpcap.  if orbit needs winpcap it will complain after you uninstall it -- then you could always reinstall it to put winpcap back.

gonwk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Hi Mouser,

THANKS for the Quick Response.

Since I love to experiment and learn more ... since I already have the 2 aforementioned softwares on my laptop ... can you tell me what the heck I am doing wrong ... may be I can actually see this thing working.

Thanks again!

G! :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:40 PM »
I guess the first thing is to see if URL Snooper works properly when run from an Administrator account on your pc if you normally run it as a lesser user.
And forget about automatic network adapter detection -- switch to Advanced mode from the URL Snooper menu and select your network adapter manually, then click the "Sniff Network" button.