ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

packet.dll missing :(

(1/3) > >>

boarders paradise:
Hi folks.

Installation of URLsnooper v2.23.01 doesn't work on XP. When executing URLsnoopersetup.exe I get this error:

And when manually extracting the files from URLsnoopersetup.exe and starting URLsnooper.exe I get this error:

mouser:
i think the problem is simply that you need to run the winpcap installer that comes with url snooper in order to to install winpcap, which is a network library that url snooper needs.

boarders paradise:
Yes, I know ... that solves the issue, when installing manually. I just thought I'd let you guys know. Because the .exe file you download here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/urlsnooper/downloads/URLSnooperSetup.exe
fails when executing with the abovementioned error (the first one). And I don't think this is on purpose ....  :D

mouser:
maybe you unchecked the option or canceled the install of WinPcap that should get installed automatically when urlsnooper setup installs?

or maybe you unpacked manually and you are saying we should add a note that the user should remember to run the winpcap installer when they unpack manually.

boarders paradise:
Sorry, I hoped my post was clear. I try again:

First and foremost: URLsnoopersetup.exe simply DOES NOT work. Download it from the link in my reply#2 and execute it. It won't run, but fail with the error in my 1st screenshot.

Secondly: When extracting the files manually from URLsnoopersetup.exe and then running the program, URLsnooper.exe fails with the error in my 2nd screenshot if WinPcap has not been installed manually, too. Yes, as you said, the user should probably be informed, that he/she would have to install WinPcap, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version