ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free Pdf server?

<< < (2/4) > >>

kartal:
Gotcha. Bullzip doesn't do it automatically. But since I let it auto open the PDF it created just to be sure it looks ok - all I need to do is hit <Alt-P> <Enter> to print, immediately followed by an <Alt-F4> to close Bullzip, so it's not too a big a deal for me.

I also seldom need to print the entire PDFs I've created at one time, so in a way, not going directly to the printer is a plus for me. ;D But I can see where autoprint would be a nice feature to have.

I've just sent a suggestion over to the authors asking them to add "Print to Default Printer" to their list of available post processing options. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (June 14, 2009, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

As I said my main intention is not to print pdf files. The reason I need this is that Canon does not provide printer drivers(xp64) for my printer so only way is to print them is using a pdf printer on my other machine. I have done this before(Pdf creator can do it) but I was so disgusted by the behaviour of the Pdfcreator`s author(sneaky toolbar installation) that i stopped using it pretty much.

PhilB66:
How about PrintConductor?
Also, check out http://www.noliturbare.com/index.php for a few print tools.

kartal:
How about PrintConductor?
Also, check out http://www.noliturbare.com/index.php for a few print tools.

-PhilB66 (June 14, 2009, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not sure what printconductor can do because it seems like it is useless without universal convertor which seems to be sold for 69$. I am laso not sure how this could be usefuil for me. I need an automated solution and this does not look automated to me? I am going to print files on another computer? As long as I need to interact with other computer I can just print them to a shared folder and print them manually :)

I have not seen anything that is useful for me on http://www.noliturbare.com

thanks for suggestions though :)

4wd:
I need a simple free pdf server to print stuff from my xp64. I was using pdfcreator in the past but because of the author`s sneaky embedding of toolsbars, I have stopped using it. Are there any other alternatives out there? Basically what I need is pdf printer that can print to another real printer after saving it as pdf. No online related solutions please.-kartal (June 14, 2009, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

So is printing to two printers simultaneously OK or does it have to go to the PDF printer and then to a real printer, (not that there's any difference if there's no interaction) ?

From TechNet via VBForums:
To set up a printer to print to multiple devices

1. Open Printers and Faxes.

2. Right-click the printer you are using, and then click Properties.

3. On the Ports tab, select the Enable printer pooling check box.

4. Click each port where the printers you want to pool are connected.

Notes
• To open Printers and Faxes, click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
• With printer pooling, the printers must be the same type of printer using the same printer driver.
• The previous procedure assumes the printers you want to pool are already in the Printers and Faxes folder.
--- End quote ---

kartal:
4wd, I am  not sure what multiple pooling does, I will give a try.

Let me articulate what my main problem better and what my solution to that problem was before.

I cannot use any of my canon printers(directly connected or over the network) on xp64 because Canon does not provide drivers for xp64 for that particular model. So I either install a linux server that can provide http printing which does not require printer drivers from the client(I did it with ubuntu) or use a non hardware printer(ie pdf) that can than print to a hardware printer so that my xp64 machine would print to pdf server on my coputer that has printer attached. Then the pdf server would print the pdf and submit this printed pdf to to the selected or default printer. I did use this solution with pdfcreator but I do not want to use it anymore due to the reason I mentioned above.

One other solution is to print to a specific shared folder and use another folder watching application to submit these newly printed pdf files to an actual printer. I did try this before and it is cumbersome. I tried it with logmonitor and powerpro. There was another application just for this purpose but i think it was expensive for me at that time.

If I cannot find a software I will probably write a python app but it wont be as elaborate as those finished softwares

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version