Some more new (and old) ideas on FARR options enhancements (from some quick brainstorming just now):
4. modest suggestion: lists > aliases should as default always have the "myaliases.alias" selected (reason: almost all users going to lists > aliases are going for that, I think)
5. radical suggestion: maybe the GUI does not need to separate the alias/group files at all? FARR could remove the dropdown box and instead behind the scene add aliases from all such files into one single list. "the select alias..." dropdown and the yellow box could be replaced with a checkbox to filter built in aliases on/off and an inputbox for filtering the list based on alias name (i.e. a FARR in FARR - that will add great recursive cred mouser!
Middle way: only two separate lists: combine all built in aliases to one list, combine all user added aliases to another (= default list)
6. add a NEW ALIAS button at the top (rationale: right click + "add new entry" is slower and harder to find)
7. rename "add new entry" to "add new alias" or just "add new"
8. add a special command that immediately opens a blank "edit group alias" window for a new entry in the myaliases.alias file. That allows for starting to setup a new alias in a single step from the FARR input box (a button click, an alias, or a hotkey). I.e. similar to what "gooptions" already does for opening the options window. Also add that command to the "helpfarr" list.
9. add some quick way to access current search folder modifier keywords from the "edit group alias" window - maybe a dropdown or a right click submenu?
10. in the "edit group alias" window hide some of the regex windows until a user enters something in the "Regular Expression Pattern" box (rationale: makes the window less complicated for new users)