ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for P2p file sharing for personal use

<< < (18/22) > >>

4wd:
Do I need to recreate keys for servers and clients everytime I add a new client?-kartal (July 14, 2009, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, just a new client key/cert for the new client.

Because I did not, I did just create the client2 key and did that build dh thing and copied the original ca.crt(from thr server) file to the client.
--- End quote ---

I think you only have to run:

build-key <client>

Any time you want to generate another key/cert for a new machine.  Maybe running build-dh again has screwed something up.

The only thing is that client2 is a xp64, and I know 64bit network drivers are tricky. Also I am in the middle of something and I have not restarted my computer this time.
--- End quote ---

AFAIK, you shouldn't need to restart the machine, (at least I haven't had to), and the installer installs a x86 or 64bit driver depending on the OS it detects, so there shouldn't be a problem there - there are an awful lot of people using OpenVPN, to get to stable 2.09 release I'm sure someone would have tested it on 64bit :)

Grab the last lot of keys/certs I attached to a post and use the client key/cert on the XP64 machine, replace the dh1024.pem file on the server with the one from the archive, disconnect all clients, then try connecting the XP64 machine to the server.

If that works then there must be something wrong with the keys/certs you generated.

re: shares, I'll get back to you about method (b) - you really need to set up two separate networks in order to test otherwise you end up going through the non-VPN connection when you want to test the VPN connection - gets very confusing.

Method (a) is the simplest for what you want but it means you need to install the client on all machines you need to see shares on, which is what you didn't want to do.

kartal:
Hi

I just managed to reinstall all the keys  and make it work. The main problem with my xp64 could have been the fact that I tried to install the portable Vpn first. My initial impression is that that really did not play nice on the xp64. Unistalling and installing the latest beta seems to resolve the issues(again) Now both clients can see eachother. Thanks for the lead!

Is it ever possible to share a folde on Vpn but not on lan? I mean for example I would like to sahre some folders just on vpn network. I guess if that is not possible I will just use ssh for that kind of stuff.  Somewhere I saw that the tunneling from one machine to another machine was possible over ssh.

4wd:
I just managed to reinstall all the keys  and make it work. The main problem with my xp64 could have been the fact that I tried to install the portable Vpn first. My initial impression is that that really did not play nice on the xp64. Unistalling and installing the latest beta seems to resolve the issues(again) Now both clients can see eachother. Thanks for the lead!-kartal (July 15, 2009, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the Portable version is x86 only, (but I'm not sure - I haven't checked the extracted files).

Is it ever possible to share a folde on Vpn but not on lan? I mean for example I would like to sahre some folders just on vpn network. I guess if that is not possible I will just use ssh for that kind of stuff.
--- End quote ---

Good question!  I don't know, I would think you need to limit folder access by IP address - something f0dder may be able to answer.

Somewhere I saw that the tunneling from one machine to another machine was possible over ssh.
--- End quote ---

Yes, you can tunnel using almost any kind of traffic, I have a mag here that has a lot of info on how to set it up, mainly from a Linux point of view but if you like I can scan and email them to you.

Shades:
The tunneling thing sounds interesting, would it be possible to send it to me as well?

4wd:
The tunneling thing sounds interesting, would it be possible to send it to me as well?-Shades (July 15, 2009, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

More work!!!

I thought I was retired?

I should start charging per hour  :P

Geddit 'ere: Tunneling.rar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version