ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for P2p file sharing for personal use

<< < (13/22) > >>

kartal:
I had totally disabled windows firewalls on both pcs. It did not work either. The server is winxp pro, the client is win xp

first line of tracert
1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  WRT150N [192.168.2.1]

The rest is empty and time outs

Shades:
It looks like you get access to the router but after that (VPN) traffic is blocked in some kind of way.

kartal:
yeah it looks like that. Do I need to enable ports on the router? That does not make sense does it(for internal network) ?

The Vpn gui shows that they are connected and assigned ips, so something is connecting but I do not know what is failing there.

Shades:
Are you using the wireless capacity of your router in this test?

If so, it seems that disabling the option "CTS Protection Mode" can help (this option is meant to keep your wireless connection free from the noise generated by other wireless networking equipment (phones, neighbour wireless routers etc.).

4wd:
If OpenVPN has already established a valid connection between the two machines then the router shouldn't be a problem because any comms for 10.8.0.x will be routed through OpenVPNs' port bypassing anything in the router.

kartal, can you disconnect both client and server, then connect both, (server first), and post the connection logs of each.

Right-click on the tray icon, select View Log and save it.

See here under Troubleshooting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version