ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR won't launch programs anymore

<< < (3/3)

rkr3:
Okay...I've resolved the problem.

It seems that  Comodo HIPS had taken a sudden dislike to FARR. I had to uninstall and reinstall Comodo completely.

One wonders why (a) this would happen overnight, and (b) more importantly, why would exiting out of Comodo (as opposed to a complete uninstall) not clear the problem.

My major peeve -- Just wasted a whole day trying to get things back to normal :'( Hate it when something like this happens.

Anyways, thanks for the trouble.

mouser:
(b) more importantly, why would exiting out of Comodo (as opposed to a complete uninstall) not clear the problem.
--- End quote ---

this makes me very mad -- the same thing happens with my eset firewall -- you can DISABLE it, but it still does things behind the scenes that can break network traffic.  so that even if you THINK you have ruled it out as a culprit in some problem, you can't really be sure.  not cool.

thanks for posting the solution -- i wouldn't be surprised if others don't find this thread useful in the future.  in fact i may add a help page about it to farr help manual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version