ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is your prefered source of registry tweaks?

(1/6) > >>

tinjaw:
I am well aware that there are dozens of websites (and books) that list Windows registry hacks/tweaks/etc. Most of us are well capable of googling to get a list of them. What I am interested in is your personal experience with any of these sites (books). When you want to make a change to your system via a registry change, for example set your web browser's home page, what source do you look to?

4wd:
Only for Windows Services, there can be only one: Black Viper

PhilB66:
Had to go through my bookmarks... here is one I tried before:

Registry Guide for Windows

Innuendo:
Don't try to use Black Viper's suggestions if you are going to use your PC in any kind of decent-sized network.

A former co-worker thought he'd optimize his workstation using Black Viper's guide. He optimized his way into not being able to see any of the file servers or be able to print to any of the network printers. That was a fun day...

4wd:
A former co-worker thought he'd optimize his workstation using Black Viper's guide. He optimized his way into not being able to see any of the file servers or be able to print to any of the network printers. That was a fun day...-Innuendo (June 12, 2009, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

He obviously missed the bit that says 'YMMV' and the other disclaimers he puts throughout any of his pages regarding changes to service status.

And yet another example of where pro-active IT support is better, where a simple reboot would have fixed the problem :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version