ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

IE to be removed from Windows 7 in EU

<< < (3/6) > >>

nudone:
i've read elsewhere that Internet Explorer 8 will be supplied on a separate CD with every copy of the retail euro Win 7. making the situation all the more annoying and completely pointless.

also, when you think about it, MS can't provide installs or shortcuts to other browsers as there will be browsers that are neglected. these missing browser companies could then claim some kind of unfair anti-competitive blah blah. so the cycle begins all over again.

wraith808:
i've read elsewhere that Internet Explorer 8 will be supplied on a separate CD with every copy of the retail euro Win 7. making the situation all the more annoying and completely pointless.

also, when you think about it, MS can't provide installs or shortcuts to other browsers as there will be browsers that are neglected. these missing browser companies could then claim some kind of unfair anti-competitive blah blah. so the cycle begins all over again.

-nudone (June 13, 2009, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. And more elegant, sure.  But who suffers if none is included?  The user.  and who will complain?  The user.  Most users really don't care- they just want to be able to get on the internet out of the box.  and if they can't, you can bet that there will be a snowball effect as tech support and other charges get out of hand... this is not the end of this...

nudone:
true. it will be interesting to see what the average user does about it all.

y0himba:
So, you are saying is:

"No Internet Explorer for EU."
 ;D

(Sorry, just had to)

f0dder:
MS definitely deserves anti-trust, but the whole "remove IE" thing is ridiculous. A web browser is an essential part of an operating system these days... going back to getting software via magazine cover disks is not something that appeals to me.

I'd like to see the EC going against Apple instead - they might not have the same marketshare as MS, but their practices are much more vile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version