ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help me identify this Mystery Chinese (Japanese?) Tea Box Brand

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I'd really like to identify this brand so I can get it again.. It's either from a local korean shop or sent to me from chinatown in ny.

My real fear/suspicion is that the lettering just says "Green Tea" and is so generic as to defy identification..

Anyone have a clue?

mouser:
someone tells me its not a brand but means something like Chrysanthemum Green Tea, which is at least a clue..  i guess that's what the white flowers are, Chrysanthemum..

tsaint:
it says "fragrant tea"...that's bloody helpful huh?

housetier:
You should have kept a few leaves to show your tea dealer, they ought to be able to tell my looking, feeling, and smelling.

I know these cans from "asia shops" here in Germany as well. Usually they contain green tea, often flavored, i.e. "Jasmine Green Tea". But there can also be other teas inside.

When empty you can use them for you silverware when you have a bbq, or as a pencil holder :)

Good luck in finding your tea!

SKesselman:
You should have kept a few leaves to show your tea dealer, they ought to be able to tell my looking, feeling, and smelling.-housetier (June 12, 2009, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or, maybe if you showed them the canister, that could help, too.
Even if they don't carry it, perhaps they'll know what it is, and can steer you in the right direction!  :)

(At least you've got it narrowed down to two sources.
I have a favorite cloth, but who knows where I got it. I'll never find another one like it, again.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version