ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Non MSDN online WinAPI reference?

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
MSDN seems to be Binged.  Every search ends up on the same page.  Anyone know of a non MSDN online WinAPI reference?  Hopefully something like the dll call, not some subobject?  The simplest APIs seem to be impossible to look up now with Bing snapping up all the searches or whatever is going on at MSDN.

fenixproductions:
2MilesAhead
Maybe installing Platform SDK on your PC could help you?

I was using it a lot in the past when I had neither MSDN CDs nor Internet connection.

P.S. I have also found this: http://winapi.freetechsecrets.com/index.htm

MilesAhead:
Thanks for the reply.  It seems once you get into an MSDN page, then search, it works.  Really bizarre! btw have you done any calls to get Windows7 version?  I keep getting a Major version of 6 and a Minor version of 256, which seems a bit weird. :)
If I go in Computer Properties it claims it's 6.1

edit: ok, I got it.  After masking off the hi byte I needed to shift right 8
Wish they'd just return a damn floating point number like 6.1!!  Jeez!

fenixproductions:
2MilesAhead
btw have you done any calls to get Windows7 version?-MilesAhead (June 11, 2009, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I neither have Win7 nor need for C++ programming. The only way I can use WinApi these days is PInvoke in C# :)

MilesAhead:
C# has some nice things built in.  Collections and stuff.  AutoIt3 doesn't have associative arrays or maps or whatever you want to call them, but I found on the AutoIt forum that you can just make an object from Scripting.Dictionary and you're in business.

I'm still getting used to some stuff that's peculiar to script.  One thing that bums me is I don't have a way to do 64 bit shell extensions.  Seemed like 64 bit was never going to get here, then all of a sudden, BAM!! every machine at Best Buy is > 4 GB ram and running 64 bit OS.  It would be nice if I could just recompile my old VC++ 6 32 bit shell stuff.  No such luck. But the hotkey stuff is kind of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version