topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mozilla add-ons site now allows you to publish your add-on collections  (Read 6015 times)

alexey_r

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quite simply, if you like some Firefox add-ons and think they fit together, you can gather them into a collection. This looks like a great idea.

My two collections: Usability Pack and Keyboard Maniac Pack.
Alexey Romanov

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cool! They still have to be installed individually, right? Maybe batch install is the next step though.
In general I think "plugin management" (installing, deinstalling, updating, backing up configuration and so on for plugins) is the part of Firefox that is in most need of enhancements and streamlining. This is a step in the right direction.

alexey_r

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Yes, but check Add-on Collector. (Unfortunately, it isn't compatible with All-in-One Sidebar yet. If you have it, you need to set Add-ons panel not to appear in the sidebar.)
Alexey Romanov

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Warning: I got confused with how to actually add extensions and it turns out, you not only have to add them one by one but it has to be located in the site and then you have to wait for the typed name to load correctly by which a drop down image will show the add-on, then you click it with the mouse and then the add-on name will have a number associated to it and then you can finally add it to the list of collections.

By the way, my list: https://addons.mozil...d9-985b-0d52acdecf36