topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR Plugin: TinyEV (Everything integration) - 0.9.5 - 12 June 2009 (updated)  (Read 99296 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
thanks for sharing what worked oblivion!  :up:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
just to add what others have said earlier.. for my Win7 64-bit, i used this guide to launch Farr and Everything (version 1.2.1.451a) in admin mode without UAC prompt and TinyEv just works! :)

http://www.sevenforu...c-prompt-create.html

Joel Wod

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
it is easy for a plugin to tell farr how many results to show max and overide the farr default -- maybe a nice option to add to the next version of the plugin.

Bumping for solution to this. Everything is search tool, and limiting it to just 10 semi-randomly chosen results is just pointless.

delwoode

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i think it would be better if the script would start up everything as I dont want it running in the background previously as it uses 18mb

garyHal

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How do I use regex in FARR with Everything?

I know Everything is hooked into FARR because I use the alias "ev" and typing in a search query results in a lot of matches.

From the first post, it says to use the $ to start the regex. I type in "ev $findandrunrobotsetup" and I get the match for my original FARR installer.

But when I typed in "ev $findand*setup", nothing comes up. I expect the wildcard to display me the original installer.

Windows XP 32bit

highend01

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
$findand*setup

Your "regex" is wrong.

$findand.*setup

is what you need. It'll find findandsetup and all other combinations of findand <everything> setup.

garyHal

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
$findand*setup

Your "regex" is wrong.

$findand.*setup

is what you need. It'll find findandsetup and all other combinations of findand <everything> setup.

Thanks

traughber

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Where do I get this plugin?  The download links no longer work?

Robyer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
traughber: I found it in my PC and uploaded for you there: http://www.robyer.cz...load/FARR_TinyEv.zip  ;)

MainUnit.pas

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for you plugin!
But, PLEASE, add Unicode support. It isn't work for another languages ( Russian, for example ).
It is very useful, but lot's of people can't use it. :(((((((
Thank you!

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,
Is there any way to launch the main Everything GUI (with the search term I've already typed into FARR)? Or to see the next "page" of results?

Eric

P.S. Thanks for the mirror, Robyer.

pjotrek

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Download link doesn't work, may i please for mirror
Thanks

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There's one about three posts above yours. Also, here's another one just in case:
http://ericandchar.c...m/dc/FARR_TinyEv.zip

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am hoping that this will soon be not needed with mouser planning on indexing for FARR! Go mousey!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Original download is offline, but akx was nice enough to host the source code and precompiled version at github:

tsc.v1.1

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
As per request I am notifying all of you wonderful people that the FARR_TinyEv (everything plugin) is still working. I was just a dumbass.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
you weren't a dumbass at all -- i just asked you to post so others would know that the github download still worked.

Buffet

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Download here:
  FARR_TinyEv-0.9.5.zip (18 283 bytes) SHA1: 95a9126765a18fd64a7a3325c2fe6eb4d60ded4a

Archived:
  FARR_TinyEv-0.9.4.zip (18 234 bytes) SHA1: 8e95113b32f008b53c9cffca9aa94f1694ed1f38

There is 403 error while trying to download. Kindly take a look.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Buffet, see the post 3 up above yours for the new download links.  I'll fix the first post to have the correct links too.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just reporting that the FARR plugin Farr_TinyEv v0.9.5 works fine with the current latest versions of FARR and Everything, and with both running as "portable".    :Thmbsup:

This is:
  • under Win10-64 Pro.
  • with FARR set to run as Administrator, which seems to help it run best/quickest.
  • having frigged a DCUpdater redirect file for Farr_TinyEv, so that DCUpdater includes it in its status report cataloguing the installed Plugins.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the report Iain  :up:

Zoempie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2020
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When running a search query in 'everything' which results in more than 50 results, and then running the same exact search query in FARR+TinyEV with "ev " in front of it, gives the same outcome except for the amount of search results always being limited to a maximum of 50 results. This in itself is a problem, because I need all matching results, not just the 50 'best' results.

Though the real problem I'm having right now with this limitation is this: When I use the "content:" query feature of 'everything' in FARR+TinyEV to search through file contents, it always returns 0 results, when 'everything' actually does find results for this exact search query (without "ev " in the query of course). I did some trial and error on this in FARR+TinyEV and found that when I keep on artificially adding extra search terms before I write the "content:" keyword, such that the total amount of search results gets reduced to 49 or less, first, and then I append the extra 'content:"<searchword(s)>"', then I get all the same results in FARR+TinyEV as I get in 'everything'.

In reality of course I don't know which files contain the contents I'm looking for, so I have no way of reducing the search results to below 50 first to make the 'content:' search query work properly. Except of course if one would search through all files in batches of 50 files, but let's not call that a solution. I also tried changing the TinyEV parameters in its .ini file to all allowed values, but to no avail. Same with pretty much every setting I tried changing in FARR, but the search results just keep on getting capped to a maximum of 50 results, which I believe is the source of the issue of the "content:" keyword not returning any results when there should be matches.

Could anyone think of a solution, a workaround or an alternative to this ?
The original creator also posted his Source code.. maybe it could be as 'easy' as changing that value to a very high number and recompiling ?
Thanks.

Zoempie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2020
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great help received from the creator of the plugin akx about the issue!

The GIT project was updated now with a msvc_compile.bat file which allowed me to successfully build the .dll with the MSVC Command Line. Couldn't get passed the "IPC Service not running" status-line error in FARR, when compiling with Visual Studio before..
And this line can be adjusted to allow for more search results to get passed through from Everything to FARR TinyEV.
Already a great leap forward, though TinyEV still returns "No results" after a couple of seconds when Everything actually has to work on the querry for a lot longer.. Hopefully another update to come to also allow for long/slow content searches to get passed through to FARR TinyEV. :Thmbsup:

tony01

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Search Everything vs FARR tinyEV.pngFARR Plugin: TinyEV (Everything integration) - 0.9.5 - 12 June 2009 (updated)Hello all:
Why the FARR Plugin: TinyEV (Everything integration), does not work properly, I compare TinyEV and Everything search, and the results were very different :
I used regex.

Tynyev : 9 items found
Everething : 31 items found

I think this plugin is abandoned, nobody is updating this plugin, so I recommend not use it,  because it gives wrong results.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:06 PM by tony01, Reason: adding image »

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tynyev : 9 items found
Everething : 31 items found

In your screenshot, FARR says it has found 31 results (in the status bar at the bottom). Have you tried hitting PageDown to see the rest of the results, and are they the same? FARR only shows the first 9 results of anything, generally. This can be changed in Options→Settings→Display Options→Result Display Size. I wonder if there's a way to get TinyEV to automatically switch to "Extended results list" without pressing pagedown?

I use TinyEV all the time, many times each day, and it has always worked great.

Eric
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 03:56 PM by ayryq »