topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: linux hater is back?  (Read 6226 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
linux hater is back?
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Two blogs that look suspiciously similar, and claim to be the same guy:
http://linux-haters-redux.blogspot.com/

http://antitux.blogspot.com/

Actually, looks like he imported comments from one blog to another.
So the antitux one is the final one. No idea why he made all this fuss.

His style is a lot less punchy now. Is he running out of ammunition?

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: linux hater is back?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:31 AM »
He's back? I didn't even know he was gone. Or, more accurately, I don't know who he is. Care to fill us in on some backstory?

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:14 PM »
He's back? I didn't even know he was gone. Or, more accurately, I don't know who he is. Care to fill us in on some backstory?

Sure thing :)

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Interesting read...Linux was never my thing & while I have heard about Linux on the desktop for years it has finally come to pass, but not in the way that was predicted.

My NAS and my router both run Linux & they both sit upon my desk so in a way Linux has finally reached my desktop, but I don't think I'm going to be running KDE or Gnome anytime soon.

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:26 AM »
Well, it's not the same guy:

Introduction

Two days ago, the Linux Hater's blog closed up shop for good. In his final post, LH said,

"So in true open source fashion, as the maintainer of this project, I am going to arbitrarily drop off the face off the of this earth for purely selfish reasons, and leave the entire cause in limbo. That is how open source projects truly die. But hey, all the material is out there for y'all to see (it's "open source" in it's own way), so maybe someone else will take up the cause. Carry on, lusers!"

So, in true open source fashion, I have decided to try to pick up where he left off. Unfortunately, I barely know a damn thing about the internals of an operating system, which puts me miles above most ASS (Anus Stripping Software) developers. So, here we go into the wild, lame yonder!

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 08:48 AM »
I think he is going to find himself covering and retreading a lot of old ground already discussed by the old Linux Hater.

If this guy was hard-core and wanted to kick it up a notch he should have started an OS X hater blog. That'd get the incendiary warheads fired up.  :)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:33 PM »
:nono2:
Aw, geez...
The original at least cared and knew a little (okay, a lot) about the operating system.
His arguments were valid and he squeezed every drop of blood he could from them, leaving the dogs in the comments to lick it up and snap at each other.

The new guy even admits to not knowing what the forkbomb he's talking about.
So, in true open source fashion, I have decided to try to pick up where he left off. Unfortunately, I barely know a damn thing about the internals of an operating system, which puts me miles above most ASS (Anus Stripping Software) developers. So, here we go into the wild, lame yonder!
Ooh, what snark! What potty-mouth finesse!
With the first page giving me serious facepalm, it's obvious that this guy is doing no more than any slashdot/reddit/digg troll, so I'm going to stay away.

Far away.
:nono2:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:00 PM »
One more frustrated 12-year old with a DSL connection, absolutely nothing to say, and way too much time on his hands. Small wonder he's so popular with the ladies. N'est-ce pas?
donkey.gif

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:05 PM by 40hz »