ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

linux hater is back?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
Two blogs that look suspiciously similar, and claim to be the same guy:
http://linux-haters-redux.blogspot.com/

http://antitux.blogspot.com/

Actually, looks like he imported comments from one blog to another.
So the antitux one is the final one. No idea why he made all this fuss.

His style is a lot less punchy now. Is he running out of ammunition?

Innuendo:
He's back? I didn't even know he was gone. Or, more accurately, I don't know who he is. Care to fill us in on some backstory?

Lashiec:
He's back? I didn't even know he was gone. Or, more accurately, I don't know who he is. Care to fill us in on some backstory?
-Innuendo (June 11, 2009, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure thing :)

Innuendo:
Interesting read...Linux was never my thing & while I have heard about Linux on the desktop for years it has finally come to pass, but not in the way that was predicted.

My NAS and my router both run Linux & they both sit upon my desk so in a way Linux has finally reached my desktop, but I don't think I'm going to be running KDE or Gnome anytime soon.

urlwolf:
Well, it's not the same guy:

Introduction

Two days ago, the Linux Hater's blog closed up shop for good. In his final post, LH said,

"So in true open source fashion, as the maintainer of this project, I am going to arbitrarily drop off the face off the of this earth for purely selfish reasons, and leave the entire cause in limbo. That is how open source projects truly die. But hey, all the material is out there for y'all to see (it's "open source" in it's own way), so maybe someone else will take up the cause. Carry on, lusers!"

So, in true open source fashion, I have decided to try to pick up where he left off. Unfortunately, I barely know a damn thing about the internals of an operating system, which puts me miles above most ASS (Anus Stripping Software) developers. So, here we go into the wild, lame yonder!
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version