ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR won't launch programs anymore

(1/3) > >>

rkr3:
As of today morning, I find FARR isn't launching anything. The FARR window opens, lets me enter my search, gives a results output, but when I click on one of the results, NOTHING happens!

I completely un-installed FARR (using Revo Uninstaller), downloaded a fresh copy from the DC website, and re-installed; no change.

I thought maybe Comodo HIPs is creating a problem, so I exited Comodo and tried again; no change. Ditto with A-squared.

Have also tried at starting it first thing on startup (i.e., before any of the other system tray programs load); no change.

I really need to get it working (have been reduced to  using Launchy, which isn't as good).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mouser:
try changing the launch method:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13779.0

rkr3:
Ok, tried changing the launch method. Results:

With new launch method --

If the "Always launch shortcuts directly instead of resolving links" box is ticked, then I get the following error for BOTH programs AND document files:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

If I untick the "Always launch..." box, then Programs open, but if I try to open documents, I get the same error as above.

So -- I'm now able to launch programs (after unticking "Always launch..." box), but I still cannot open documents (Word 2007 and PDF are what I've tried so far). Ticking/Unticking "Use document launcher helper utility" has no effect whatsoever on the above results, as far as I can tell.

I actually use FARR more often for launching documents rather than programs, so I'm basically still out of business...

mouser:
something must be blocking farr from launching those files -- some kind of security thing on your system?

rkr3:
Thanks for the quick reply.

It would seem what you say is true, but:

1. FARR's been working okay for the last several years on this system (As I recall, I was able to open all files normally as late as I believe yesterday)

2. I haven't added any new security programs recently (I use NOD32, A-squared and Comodo Firewall+HIPs). (I've also tried FARR after disabling all three of the above, but no change)

3. As  I mentioned in my original post -- I've tried running FARR at startup, before anything else loads -- but get the same results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version