topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Acer 4520G webcam not found, need driver?  (Read 3034 times)

papoj1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • It's me again!
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Acer 4520G webcam not found, need driver?
« on: June 10, 2009, 02:43 AM »
i'm not exactly what is the problem but ever since i've repaired the laptop's monitor and got it back, the webcam doesn't work and all i get is a grey screen on the display. any ideas?
ppl never know how to pronounce my name correctly...o well...Pa-posh-1 >_> <_<

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Acer 4520G webcam not found, need driver?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:06 AM »
If you go into Device Manager you should see it listed under Imaging Devices, (for XP anyway).

If it's not there and there is no Unknown Device listed in Device Manager then it could be that when the monitor was fixed, they forgot to plug the cable from the webcam back into the motherboard or back into the webcam.

In which case, if it's no longer under warranty you can undo the case and plug/check the connector back into the motherboard or webcam as needs be.

If it's still under warranty, take it back to whoever did the repair and ask them to check it because the repair should be under at least a 30 day warranty.

If it's listed in the Device Manager and not shown as Disabled then download the appropriate driver again, (there were two types of webcam used, get the right driver), and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference.