topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Request: Small App / Code to Easily Attach Program A to Program B (Tool-bar)  (Read 6585 times)

RapidFox

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've built a few tool-bars for different programs at work and I need a better way to attach the tool-bar to the program windows.

It would be nice to have a small app that could easily pin multiple windows together in groups to mimic the same window behaviors (minimizing / staying all together when swapping back and forth between programs)

Loader program would likely run each program and attach it to the EXE window

Run Program_A.exe,
Run Tool-Bar_A.ahk,
Attach AHK to EXE Window (Each window title has a different name)

Thanks for any help!

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
this may not be quite what you're looking for but it might go someway towards what you seem to be asking for - Barnacle

RapidFox

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Similar concept I think, but that isn't quite what I need though. I've tried it before, cool idea

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Maybe Jedi Dock could work for you?  http://www.anappaday...edi-window-dock.html

RapidFox

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Skwire: thanks for the suggestion, looks like something I might end up using but that isn't quite it either. I need the toolbar to be running on top of the program, not just to be able to switch to it.