ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Resource Tuner 50% off on Bits Du Jour Today, June 10

(1/3) > >>

pexplorer:
From Bits du Jour: Wednesday, June 10: Resource Tuner at half-price - Edit Your EXE and DLL Files! Resource Tuner is one of the most powerful, stable, and trustworthy tools out there for modifying resources in EXE and DLL files.

With an extremely intuitive workflow, Resource Tuner lets you view, extract, replace, edit, and delete the embedded resources of executable files: icons, strings, images, sounds, dialogs, menus... in other words, all the things that make up the visual parts of your Windows applications.

Today only $19.98 - Don't miss the sale!

Resource Tuner home page: http://www.heaventools.com/resource-tuner.htm

sazzen:
For those of you who missed this deal:  You didn't miss much. I gave it a try, only to find that I'd given it a try once before. That alone should tell you how very impressed I was.  If you want to change the icon for a program, or the message in dialog boxes (ohboyohboyohboy), for a very few of your many applications, then you might enjoy Resource Tuner. If you want to do anything interesting - as I'm sure most folks who frequent this sight, being so techy and all - would want to do, you have to purchase the company's other program, PE.Explorer, at $129.00.

I could only get Resource Tuner to open one of my programs. Granted, I only tried to open six before giving up.  $19.98 is too much for it.  $9.98 is too much for it.  However, PE.Explorer looks to be interesting.

pexplorer:
PE Explorer is scheduled on Thu, 16 July 2009
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/pe-explorer/

I was often told that our software is not worth even $0.05. And that we should stop producing software. For whatever reason, resource editing software apparently isn't viewed as a necessity by a whole lot of people. One of life's mysteries. On the other hand, our customer base is surprisingly huge. Who are all those people?

tinjaw:
Awesome reply pexplorer. Bravo. :Thmbsup:

mwb1100:
For whatever reason, resource editing software apparently isn't viewed as a necessity by a whole lot of people.
-pexplorer (July 02, 2009, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

And there's the key - undoubtedly resource editing is not important to a lot of people.  And to those people something like Resource Tuner isn't interesting.  However, if you're someone who does find a need to edit resources, the situation is entirely different.

The same is true for any task X and tools to help do X.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version