topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Visual Route Planner - $20 - Bits Du Jour 6/09/2009 - Tuesday  (Read 2632 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks,

Due to a glitch, the Visual Route program that is available with the Bits Du Jour is now the business edition.

They started with the wrong edition.

VisualRoute Personal Edition - Analyze Your Internet Connections
http://www.bitsdujou...te-personal-edition/

Leading to ..

Julie Lancaster (Visualware Developer) Says:
"Good news! Visualware will provide a free upgrade to the VisualRoute 2009 Business Edition a ($249 retail value) to anyone that purchases through Bits du Jour today (9 June 09). The Business Edition upgrade license will be provided by email today."

I know from playing with it during the previous Bits that it is a nicely done software, and I almost bought it.  The question is whether it has use .. even as a learning and play, or if it is only sensible if you really are studying or negotiating or testing net route times.

e.g. At work we are thinking of switching from one T-1 provider to some other type of provider (I ferget the details offhand, involving cable, FIOS this and that). Some folks say they use the info to help in dealing with their cable or phone companies.  Perhaps some of the information could come in useful.  And maybe there are other scenarios, like proxy stuff.  Or it might be something of a toy or learning tool for the light user. 

$20 is still a spot of money, so I would like to have a sense of my use, but the extra plus of the business version is interesting.

Shalom,
Steven Avery