ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Total Commander: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

<< < (5/8) > >>

Innuendo:
tranglos, I enjoyed your post. It was very informative as I didn't know a lot of that stuff & what made it better was fenixproductions came along and showed how you could do things a little more efficiently with some of the tasks you demonstrated.

fenixproductions, that was an awesome list and you better believe I'm going to be mimicking a lot of your plugin setup. My main problem has always been finding three or four plugins that do the same thing (read Office files, read PDFs, etc.). I think I can be pretty sure you have the best of each type in your setup.

urlwolf, Total Commander just as this amazingness about it that for whatever reason instills envy from people who use non-Windows machines. Not only does Christian get tons of requests from *nix users, but from time to time there are Mac users clamoring for it as well.

I've heard of people having success with Wine and CrossOVer. That puts extra layers of trust between you and your data, though. First you have to trust that Total Commander is going to interact well with an OS that it was not designed to run under and you also have to trust that the Wine/CrossOver people got everything right that TC needs to operate properly. In that equation I trust Christian completely. Those other factors? Not so completely. I'd definitely do some tests on some non-important data before trusting my entire system to such a setup.

Innuendo:
Here's a Total Commander tip that I just learned the other day.

If you right click on the "F8  Delete" button on the button bar at the bottom of the TC window it brings up the Recycle Bin context menu!

fenixproductions:
2Innuendo
There are few more tricks with functions buttons bar. Just try to hold Clrl, Alt or shift while clicking or dropping files onto it ((i.e. Ctrl +F5 will create LNK shortcut to file).

Personally I switched this bar off few years ago ;)

Innuendo:
Personally I switched this bar off few years ago ;)
-fenixproductions
--- End quote ---

So did I...which probably explains why I just learned that trick. I didn't know there was more functionality than meets the eye when it came to this bar, but....I should have known better. Christian always has a trick up his sleeve.

fenixproductions:
Small advertisement :)

If someone is looking for "better" TC help file I recommend this one:
http://marmouset.atspace.com/helptc/index.htm

Looks like standard one at first but it has more things explained. Long time user Clo is doing very good work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version