topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mamutu (Emsi HIPS) Bits Du Jour today June 8, 2009 - 1yr @ $7.83  (Read 5796 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks,

Mamutu - Behavior-Based Malware Protection
http://www.bitsdujou...com/software/mamutu/

Mamutu on BDJ 8th June $8.69  - Wilders thread
http://www.wildersse...wthread.php?t=243884

(And Mamutu discussed on other threads on Wilders, Gladiator, DSL Reports, etc.)

Mamutu from Emsi, a behavioral HIPS.  Plays nice with Online Armor, according to reports, although I gather it can overlap (double messages) in some cases.  I gather you can adjust what sections Mamutu is covering.

If you take this program for a year, suggest you immediately cancel the auto-renewal a year later, you can always renew then, or look for a new discount.  (This also was on GiveawayoftheDay once, over a year ago.)

Mamutu - Emsi Description
http://www.emsisoft..../en/software/mamutu/

Bladed Thoth review
http://www.bladedtho...rs/mamutu-v1-5-0-22/

Shalom,
Steven  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:01 AM by Steven Avery »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks,

I actually did this, I can confirm that the subscription cancellation (which will take effect after one year) is right on the screen acknowledgement you get after the $7.83. No muss, no fuss.

Those with heavy duty defense systems (a lot of the Wilders crew, with sandboxes inside virtual systems backed up with multiple images wrapped in an enigma multipled by a puzzle) will pass this by.  And my normal defense system of Avira and Online Armor is generally strong.  However since Mamutu is light, and fits in between Avira and OA as a behavior blocker I figgered I would give it a go, after a trial download and seeing that the interface is sensible. (Oh, yeah, I also loaded the light PrevX recently, and occasionally get into "scan" mode with things like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and there are security aspects to programs like Win Patrol and Avira Task Manager). There may be some HIPS overlap with OA .. however I do not mind a bit of overlap protection, as long as the programs play nice, which they do, I understand.  

The fact that the investment was about two Starbucks things helped also. Potentially, seems to be a good fit on my system.

Shalom,
Steven
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:03 AM by Steven Avery »

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I bought one license.  The cancellation renewal is actually called "cancel your subscription".  How can I be sure it's the renewal and not the current subscription ?

Thanks !
.merle1.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks,

That was clear from the Bits discussions, you are only cancelling from when the current runs out, a renewal.  If not, Mamutu needs an overhaul in that department.

In my case I did not find the confirmation email and called Cleverbridge and they had a person on the phone, checked the number (always hold the order# handy when you purchase software, I make a .pdf too and keep it in a special folder) quickly sent the confirmation email to me, so I have the username and license number, and the license number has the expiration date as the number, a year from now.  However I have not figgered out how to enter this into Mamutu, which is showing the one-month trial, so I just created a support ticket, I already had an Emsi account, but it does not show the license in my account.  I'll post as soon as I get a reply.

Did you get the Cleverbridge email ?  Did you get one from Emsi ?

Shalom,
Steven
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:04 AM by Steven Avery »

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks,

In my case I did not find the confirmation email and called Cleverbridge and they had a person on the phone, checked the number (always hold the order# handy when you purchase software, I make a .pdf too and keep it in a special folder) quickly sent the confirmation email to me, so I have the username and license number, and the license number has the expiration date as the number, a year from now.  However I have not figgered out how to enter this into Mamutu, which is showing the one-month trial, so I just created a support ticket, I already had an Emsi account, but it does not show the license in my account.  I'll post as soon as I get a reply.

Did you get the Cleverbridge email ?  Did you get one from Emsi ?

Shalom,
Steven
-Steven Avery (June 10, 2009, 04:58 AM)
I have to check but I think I got Cleverbridge mail.  I also successfully activated Mamutu on a single machine, just entering my username/password I got on the purchase confirmation mail.  Regarding your missing e-mail : another case of spam redirection ?

Update : I got 2 mails from Cleverbridge : 1/order confirmation with pdf invoice 2/ account references on emsisoft servers, to activate Mamutu (plus a paypal notification)
.merle1.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:15 AM by MerleOne »

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Right, I could uninstall the trial and then put in my username/password in the new install, I am trying to get from point A to B without passing Go and collecting $200. (Updating the trial to one-year.)

I don't normally use any spam filters "Do not block any emails" on my ISP and the junk folders are empty (now doubly disabled) and I normally do not miss mail or get any tampered SUBJECTS "SPAM, DUCK" ..  so they would have to be doing some blocking I don't know about, (Time Warner Cable, RoadRunner).  I'm checking around a bit.

Shalom,
Steven Avery
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:04 AM by Steven Avery »