ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alt-tab replacement ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

skwire:
I realise that it is not quite what you want but I've used "Joe" for years and years.  Very simple and elegant.  http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA031384/software/Joe.html

yksyks:
Because I personally prefer minimalistic design, I'm still using SmartTab on WinXP, but this one is not developed since 2006, so I didn't dare to try it on Vista. VistaSwitcher seems to be a good alternative (of course I'm using it with "no preview" option). I like the possibility to select an application using the numeric keys. Quite handy if you have a lot of running applications. SmartTab is a bit better in this, but its window is sometimes too narrow.

Curt:
I didn't quite like VistaSwitcher. Wheel+rightclick is too difficult for my fingers, but the program is less useful without it. I use Alt+Tab whenever I only have two or three windows open. If more windows are open, I will click the Window Switcher icon in my Quick Launch area (which is True Launch Bar) but I have no idea from where I got it; I have no folder or installed program with such name! It probably came with the computer, powered by Fujitsu Siemens. To scroll, I'll only have to scroll..., yeah, but to select any new window, I'll have to either let go of the mouse, to press Enter, or move the mouse and click the window. So also Window Switcher is less than perfect.

Alt-tab replacement ?

Edited:
I should tell that also the desktop is a window, so if I click this virtual desktop window, all open normal windows will be minimized at once.

fenixproductions:
Working on Windows XP and multiple monitors recently and I can say that Alt-Tab Thingy appeared to be the best. And that is thanks to the possibility to limit shown applications to current desktop only (determined my mouse cursor position).

P.S. Mouser, please, make Spell Check window a little bit higher to be not cut off in Opera.
Spoiler

yksyks:
Working on Windows XP and multiple monitors recently and I can say that Alt-Tab Thingy appeared to be the best. And that is thanks to the possibility to limit shown applications to current desktop only (determined my mouse cursor position).
-fenixproductions (December 15, 2009, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

VistaSwitcher has the same option: Preferences > Behavior > Show tasks only from the active monitor.

P.S. Mouser, please, make Spell Check window a little bit higher to be not cut off in Opera.
-fenixproductions (December 15, 2009, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

The same in Chrome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version