ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

set external TFT's brightness etc. with software?

(1/1)

brotherS:
Hi,

is it possible to set an external TFT's brightness etc. with software? External = connected to a notebook. Is there freeware for this? Other recommendations?

Or do I HAVE TO use the TFT's menu?

Why I ask? I find that at night I need the screen to be less bright, and it would be a hassle to switch it twice a day manually.

cranioscopical:
Possibly try this?
DimScreen by Skrommel

Innuendo:
Might not be what you are looking for, but some manufacturers have software that you can use to control all the facets of monitor adjustment using your mouse and keyboard instead of having to resort to using the sometimes klunky controls built into the monitor.

cmpm:
the only one i know of

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/02/21/f-lux-adapts-your-display-to-the-time-of-day/

40hz:
Might not be what you are looking for, but some manufacturers have software that you can use to control all the facets of monitor adjustment using your mouse and keyboard instead of having to resort to using the sometimes klunky controls built into the monitor.
-Innuendo (June 06, 2009, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, quite a few do. Web over to the manufacturer's site and search for downloads for your particular model. I have a few Samsungs. I was quite impressed with their software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version